Please list your Ultimate IEM/ Portable Source under $1000 total
Apr 26, 2007 at 4:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

electro house

New Head-Fier
In your opinion, what is the ultimate IEM and portable MP3 player ever?

Criteria: SQ, Dependability, User friendly.

IEM price limit: $500

MP3 price limit: $500

Heh, maybe this will save me money in the long run - I can bypass all the lesser products. I know how I am -- I may as well as admit that I want to get the best portable unit out there. No, I'm not rich. But my credit cards have high limits. At least I'll be listening to great music as I work to pay off the equipment!
smily_headphones1.gif

I realize this place is primarily for headphones, but the 2 units are intertwined, and any anecdotal info would be appreciated... thank you!

Apr 26, 2007 at 2:45 PM Post #3 of 8
Apr 26, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #4 of 8
iAudio X5 -> Emmeline Hornet M -> ER4S

The amp and phones just synergise so well with each other. Better than most other combinations I have tried.

X5 decodes lossless, ogg and tonnes of other formats.

Apr 26, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #7 of 8
Yeah, can't go wrong with an X5, plus I'm sure they're cheaper right now than they were. I love mine. For an IEM, UM2's, E500's, or higher.

Apr 26, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, can't go wrong with an X5, plus I'm sure they're cheaper right now than they were. I love mine. For an IEM, UM2's, E500's, or higher.

I aggree with IEM suggestions, but as an owner of X5, I can say that you can indeed go wrong with this. I cannot say anything bad about its sound and its features, but I hate that it does not have user replaceable batteries. The battery life decreases a lot after 2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back