Please, I need some advice pricing some used gear. Thanks.
Oct 29, 2011 at 2:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

soundquest

Head-Fier
Hi,

I am seeking to sell several pieces of gear in order to finance purchasing a 2496 DAC and headphones. Below is the gear. I am trying to determine a fair price AND decide if I should list it on Audiogon or where else? I am new here and realize I cannot post here, yet. And, please understand I'm not playing games with Headfi, I really need some feedback because this it is not clear to me exactly what they are worth. If the mods think this is an unfair query, then I'll remove it. I really like this forum, PMed two guys and they were really helpful.  Thank you.

Here's the gear: 

Enlightened Audio Design (EAD) 7000 mark III (3) DAC.  I think these go for around $575, but I'm told they are really in demand in Europe and can go for $800 or more. Is this true?

Graham Slee Era Gold V phono stage with the separate power supply unit. They were $1000 new. I don't see them come up for sale much. There was one on Canuck for $750, but that seems high. Any ideas used?

Clearaudio Virtuoso Wood cartridge with a Soundsmith ruby cantilever retip.  That's about $1350 new. Barely used. (maybe 50 hours). The retip was done when the cart was brand new. The Soundsmith retip makes this more difficult to price. Feedback?

Thank you all. I hope I can become a better contributor over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back