PLEASE help with Woo Audio Wa7d Fireflies and Mac OSX Yosimite 10.10 compatibility
Oct 15, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #16 of 19
I got the unpowered usb jack and the mac air is still not recognizing the amp. Anyone else have this issue? Is a powered usb the way to go?

Out of curiosity what is the chipset issue that is causing the issue?

Oct 15, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #17 of 19
Hopefully this helps someone in the future. I finally got the mac to recognize the amp. I followed the instructions in this thread:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6609042

I downloaded and ran the program 'Kext Utility 2.6.1'. After rebooting the computer recognizes the amp. I have to use the non-powered usb splitter in Mike's post in order for the computer to recognize the amp. Plugged directly into the computer I still get nothing.

Jan 25, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #18 of 19
This is an old thread. Yet, it was one of the best at describing my problem. I could not get my Woo Firefly to be recognized as an audio device on my MacBook Pro and it was driving me crazy. I tried everything, including new cables, power on and off sequences, etc. Nothing worked. Today I plugged in a powered USB hub (don't need the additional ports) and, voila, it worked immediately. What!

Feb 28, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #19 of 19
Have had my WA Fireflies for a couple of years now hooked up to a 2012 Mac mini, been flawless and in audio nirvana teamed up with Ether 2's.
Had a severe thunderstorm yesterday which knocked out the power cord to my modem/router and also lost my connection with the Fireflies, have tried most things i've read on here except trying a new USB or powered USB hub or both.
Anybody chime in and help me get my music back....thnx in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back