Please help with the in-room speaker response
Jan 14, 2007 at 11:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

chesebert

18 Years An Extra-Hardcore Head-Fi'er
vr1_response.jpg

Anything I can do to fix that?

Here is the almost-current setup (notice the missing Saturn
k1000smile.gif
On the other side is the back wall. I sit abut 8ft from the speaker and 60in away from the back wall.

overview.jpg

Jan 15, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #3 of 9
I think your speakers are a bit far apart unless you are sitting 20' from them.

If you ran your analyzer from a mic in the center with them that far apart, there would be holes in the image most likely.

Also, after you try moving them closer together, experiment with the distance they are out from the wall in say 6" increments. It's pretty amazing what that can do. Are those cabinets rear vented? If they have ports on the back they will likely be more sensitive to the distance from the walls.

Jan 15, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by threEchelon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EQ!
icon10.gif

Yes! In fact, Sleestack would recommend TacT digital room correction!

Jan 15, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #7 of 9
chesebert, I posted this solution for you in your other thread: http://gikacoustics.com/

2" thick fiberglass first reflection panels cost about $25-35 in raw materials to create, and roughly 40-60 minutes of labor per panel. More, if you want it to look as nice as or nicer than the gik panels. Interestingly enough, the gik panels have published measurements that measure better than the raw panels, so maybe they even have some proprietary design to them that make them even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back