Please help with advice for new headphones!
Jun 13, 2013 at 11:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Awpward

New Head-Fier
Hey, I need some advice as to the 'best' headphones to upgrade to. Currently I am just using some Sennheiser HD202-II headphones, but have been considering upgrading to either the Sennheiser HD518, Audio Technica ATH-M50, or the Logitech UE6000. Obviously I am looking at over the ear headphones in the price range of the previous three. 

Probably the main considerations I have when buying headphones is that I use will use them for PC gaming, movies and music (typically blues-rock and poppy stuff, but I usually dabble in most genres). I also wear plastic 'wayfarer' styled glasses which can become irritating with some headphones. I also need the headphones to be somewhat portable ie. not easily breakable or weighing a ton. I also like them to be a little bit bassy, but not overblown and unnatural like in Beats; just enough to give some body to the sound experience without drowning out mids and highs.

So based on all this, which of the three are a good pick? Are there any others I should be considering? I have listened to the 518 and 6000, and slightly preferred the 518, although getting the shorter cable may be a bit of a bother. Cheers.

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Hey, I need some advice as to the 'best' headphones to upgrade to. Currently I am just using some Sennheiser HD202-II headphones, but have been considering upgrading to either the Sennheiser HD518, Audio Technica ATH-M50, or the Logitech UE6000. Obviously I am looking at over the ear headphones in the price range of the previous three. 

Probably the main considerations I have when buying headphones is that I use will use them for PC gaming, movies and music (typically blues-rock and poppy stuff, but I usually dabble in most genres). I also wear plastic 'wayfarer' styled glasses which can become irritating with some headphones. I also need the headphones to be somewhat portable ie. not easily breakable or weighing a ton. I also like them to be a little bit bassy, but not overblown and unnatural like in Beats; just enough to give some body to the sound experience without drowning out mids and highs.

So based on all this, which of the three are a good pick? Are there any others I should be considering? I have listened to the 518 and 6000, and slightly preferred the 518, although getting the shorter cable may be a bit of a bother. Cheers.

For gaming and movie stuff, HD518 would be much better as they are open back. For music, it all comes down to your preference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back