Please HELP with a W7/Essence STX question...driving me nuts
Jan 26, 2012 at 11:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Z06_Pilot

100+ Head-Fier
Hi folks,

I wanted to get some high end audio on my PC to mate up with my FLAC files and JH16 IEM's. 

Here's my issue.  I have installed a Xonar ST, an STX, as well as my old stand-by, SoundBlaster Audigy 2(as a test).  With all three, as soon as W7 comes up I have this constant noise from either the headphone or toslink output that sounds like a harpsichord note over and over...it never stops.

with all 3 cards I loaded the latest drivers from the vendor.

I can play music files just fine and I can hear them.....with that blasted chord still going.

I disabled my on-board music chip via BIOS and confirmed it is disabled.

Three different sound cards same constant noise.  When I reboot the machine, as soon as W7 becomes active, there goes the sound again....

Any ideas at all would be extremely appreciated...I am at my wits end......

Thanks!

Jeff

Jan 27, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #2 of 2
Here's how mine is setup and it has no noise. Under Control Panel- Hardware and sound- Playback: Asus Xonar Essence-Default Device. S/PDIF: Same. Under sounds it is the Windows Default. Also check your cables inside your comp. You could have the Realtek front panel audio cable hooked up to the HD audio port on your motherboard. Also, is your power supply powering the card with the pci-e power cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back