Please help w/1212 question...
Jan 23, 2005 at 10:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

3Double

100+ Head-Fier
Last night, my 1212 was working fine. Today, I can't get any audio to output, except for the test tone in the patchmix software.

How do I set up the patchmix software to work with itunes or foobar.

I have my windows control panel setting set up to use the EMU as the soundcard.I have my Wave L/R set up as an input (this is normally my input for mp3s).I have my output set up properly, I think, because the test tone is audible.

So I think the problem has to do w/input settings. Any advice is really appreciated. I'm pullin my hair out, here.

Jan 24, 2005 at 12:42 AM Post #3 of 20
Hmm, i should update that guide sometime, i forgot all about it
580smile.gif

Jan 24, 2005 at 3:39 AM Post #4 of 20
To playback from iTunes all you need is a WAVE L/R input strip, and all you need for Foobar2000 (assuming you're using ASIO as the output) is any ASIO input strip. You don't need any SENDs, or effects, though a TRIM POT of about -1 dB is reccomended to reduce clipping.

Jan 26, 2005 at 2:22 AM Post #5 of 20
I still can't get it to work w/iTunes...I can get a test tone to work, but not mp3s in itunes or foobar. I've reduced the patchmix app down to the wave l/r strip, and that's it. I'm using the default patchmix setup when I open the app.
Any ideas?

Jan 26, 2005 at 2:29 AM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Double
I still can't get it to work w/iTunes...I can get a test tone to work, but not mp3s in itunes or foobar. I've reduced the patchmix app down to the wave l/r strip, and that's it. I'm using the default patchmix setup when I open the app.
Any ideas?

I would recommend you to delete all strips and create just 2 strips, one for asio (play foobar with asio) and another strip (wave). This last one to play all the windows and Itunes sounds. This is assuming the strips are not muted. When setting up foobar read this guide: guide

Jan 26, 2005 at 2:31 AM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by TURBO
I would recommend you to delete all strips and create just 2 strips, one for asio (play foobar with asio) and another strip (wave). This last one to play all the windows and Itunes sounds. This is assuming the strips are not muted. When setting up foobar read this guide: guide

Yeah, it's down to those two strips. I still can't hear music. All I can hear is the test tone when I try that.

Jan 26, 2005 at 2:33 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Yeah, it's down to those two strips. I still can't hear music. All I can hear is the test tone when I try that.

Check in patchmix control panel the session settings and make sure the internal settigs are in 44.1khz

Jan 26, 2005 at 2:36 AM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by TURBO
Check in patchmix control panel the session settings and make sure the internal settigs are in 44.1khz

yeah, it's in 44.1.

Jan 26, 2005 at 5:45 PM Post #12 of 20
one problem i know i'm having is that i can't change the host source to Windows Source, which i'm assuming i need to do.

Jan 27, 2005 at 2:36 AM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

one problem i know i'm having is that i can't change the host source to Windows Source, which i'm assuming i need to do.

Where are you seeing this setting?

Jan 27, 2005 at 9:13 AM Post #15 of 20
I would suggest saving your session and opening the default patchmix session. If you get sound at that point, you will know that you screwed up your patchmix settings. If you don't get sound at that point, you will know that the problem is somewhere other than patchmix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back