Please help - the more i read, the more i get confused!
Aug 24, 2012 at 10:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

havishpatel

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I am looking for some headphones that: 

Have great detail and clarity.
Aren't harsh on the highs.
Have good bass impact and range, but as little bleed as possible. 
Are portable (i.e. not huge like the sony XB500 etc - I don't mind about folding etc)
Are very comfortable (i have big ears)
Have good isolation. 
Are fun to listen to - life in the music!

I am looking to spend around £100-£150. 

I listen to mainstream music, hip hop, RnB, pop, mainly. 

My source is an ipod touch 3rd gen and I will be getting the new iphone.

I tried the M50 in a store in London and found them horrible in terms of comfort and didn't really understand what all the hype was about when i listened to them - is this something to do with the particular pair? or am i just not used to listening to music "properly"? The SRH840 were insanely comfortable but just sounded very boring?!! 

Is the Monster Inspiration  any good?

Please help!

Thanks again

Aug 24, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #2 of 4
No idea about the Monster Inspiration - maybe one of the few people who've heard them can chime in (they're new and Monster doesn't have the best reputation here, so very few people have bought them).

Some random models I'd suggest (and I have no idea what 150 GBP equates to in USD or JPY these days):

- Bose AE2 or QC15
- Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9
- M-Audio Q40
- Sennheiser HD380Pro

Sep 1, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #3 of 4
I head them, the active noise cancellation pair, and to my ears i was very impressed. Much cleaner than the beats stuff. Better sound stage..with great thumping base but not much bleed..in fact so impressed i was that i bought it and canceled my pre orders for v moda m100. I too wanted a fun pair of cans that were comfy.the active canceling was not bad too either...it gives a nice bass boost and makes the music louder. I have a senn hd 25 and found that a flat response was rather boring...

Sep 1, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #4 of 4
The M80 are very detailed yet offers good punchy bass with fairly wide soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back