Please help - Shure in UK
Nov 28, 2003 at 10:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

pomegranate

100+ Head-Fier
Advance apologies for double-posting ( http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...threadid=52431 ) but I am really desperate and realised this would be a better place to ask:

does anyone in the UK (THE UK, for emphasis) know where I can get Shure earphones? I've found a store in London, but would prefer somewhere in either south west Wales (where I live) Birmingham area (my sister could get them) or Cornwall (my parents). Any ideas, cos searching the net isn't getting any results.

Thanks

Nov 28, 2003 at 11:09 PM Post #3 of 23
Thanks, Lindrone. Like I said, I have found a UK supplier (in London), so if need be I can get them from there. The reason I want to source them to the mentioned locations is that they're going to be an xmas present to me from my parents and my sister, so it is preferable I can find a real store they can go and buy in person..call me old fashioned but it just ain't christmassy if I order it myself over the net, then it's posted to my folks, they wrap it up and give me back the money. Apol for the excess detail, I just felt I should explain my requirements.

EDIT. I emailed Shure UK tonight asking them about suppliers in those places.

Nov 28, 2003 at 11:17 PM Post #4 of 23
Well, good luck in finding a local retailer of some sort.. it is a part of the Christmas spirit after all
smily_headphones1.gif

There's no need to stay away from excess details... that's what head-fi's all about... If we didn't feel a hunger for excess details in general, we wouldn't be dreamin' of higher definition headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 1, 2003 at 3:23 PM Post #6 of 23
pomegranate: Have you heard from the Shure UK folks yet?

Dec 1, 2003 at 5:46 PM Post #7 of 23
Disappointingly no. We wanted to buy in person from a real shop (more christmassy). In the end I had to instruct my folks just to order over the phone from the London supplier (note London is no-where near where me or my family live), but they're on their way now and that's the important thing. Thanks for your interest.

Dec 1, 2003 at 9:24 PM Post #8 of 23
where did you get them from in london. i was thinking of a getting a pair too, and i live in london.

how much were they?

Amit

Dec 1, 2003 at 10:40 PM Post #10 of 23
Yup, bangraman is right. And as you've probably found out by now, about £74 including recorded Royal Mail. And I've not got em yet, they're an xmas present from ma and pa, so three weeks and three days to go....nachg.

Dec 2, 2003 at 3:15 PM Post #11 of 23
Sorry they left you hanging.
I hope you like them.
-Matt

Jan 26, 2004 at 8:18 PM Post #14 of 23
I'm possibly looking at buying a pair of E5s myself, and since they cost and arm and a leg here (RRP is something like $850+, and most stores actually seem to charge that much) I've been looking into buying a pair from the States instead. Does anyone have any good retailers that ship overseas and charge reasonably for the E5s? If not I guess I'll just keep checking eBay and these forums for a reasonable deal.

Jan 26, 2004 at 8:26 PM Post #15 of 23
Hi mcbiff
As i said i bought mine from www.pjbox.co.uk for £425, £45 cheaper then anyother site in the uk, yes the list price is cheaper in the states but then you got import tax and vat to add on which is about 20% plus shipping as i found out last year, plus if anything goes wrong with them pjbox is on the doorstep for returning so time and postage saving

Users who are viewing this thread

Back