Please help! Should I get LCD3 with HD800 or LCD3 with TH900?
Sep 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #16 of 59
Haha so now what? Should I add T1 as one of the option? :p

I haven't heard the T1 yet, but I assume that the Th900 and HD800 can support more types of music than the T1s...

wrong.....the T1 is the genre master of the headphone world.

its the most balanced all rounded flagship imo. not amazing at anything in particular, except at being the most rounded. you have the HD 800, the Flagship of Light, the LCD-3, the Flagship of Darkness, the TH-900, the Flagship of Bass, the HE-6, the Flagship of Ecstasy, and then theres the T1, the Master Flagship of Equilibrium 
biggrin.gif

Sep 24, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #17 of 59

its the most balanced all rounded flagship imo. not amazing at anything in particular, except at being the most rounded. you have the HD 800, the Flagship of Light, the LCD-3, the Flagship of Darkness, the TH-900, the Flagship of Bass, the HE-6, the Flagship of Ecstasy, and then theres the T1, the Master Flagship of Equilibrium :D  

Thanks for your opinion! I think I gonna try the T1 someday before I make this purchase.
Now I think I would mainly lock my spot on the T1 and the HD800. :)

Also for the TH900, the bass quality IMO is similar as the LCD3 as they both good in bass area. I think I would just pass the TH900 first unless I need a closed headphone. (I have the UM miracle so closed headphone has no use for me ATM.)

I don't like the darkness of the LCD3 at all, as it's too dark to my ear. I feel much better after I changed the cable to the silver widow. :)

Sep 24, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #18 of 59
i finally liked the LCD-3 now that i have my GSX MK2, my WA6-SE sounded much better with the LCD-2 (next to the WA2/T1 pairing, theres some crazy synergy with this one as well), and the LCD-3 with the Cavalli Liquid Gold didn't impress me either. 

Sep 24, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #19 of 59
i finally liked the LCD-3 now that i have my GSX MK2, my WA6-SE sounded much better with the LCD-2 (next to the WA2/T1 pairing, theres some crazy synergy with this one as well), and the LCD-3 with the Cavalli Liquid Gold didn't impress me either. 

If so, I would highly recommend the Bakoon HPA-21 for the LCD3, it's the best amp (and the only amp in its $3k price range) that impressed me with the LCD3, i only heard the GSX MK2 once but unfortunately not with my LCD3 last time. :)

Sep 24, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #20 of 59
Yeah i hope i can listen to an hpa21 soon, its supposed to beTHE amp for lcd-3...

Sep 24, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #21 of 59
You should get the HD800 as a complement to your lcd3 since you mentioned that you prefer a brighter sound. Have both the LCD3 and HD800 and they have equal headtime, they both excel in different genre of music.

Sep 25, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #22 of 59
You should get the HD800 as a complement to your lcd3 since you mentioned that you prefer a brighter sound. Have both the LCD3 and HD800 and they have equal headtime, they both excel in different genre of music.

Thanks Darknight. :)

I will go for the HD800. But is the Cardas clear cable suits the HD800 best? :)

Sep 26, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #23 of 59
The TH900s are my favorite pairing with the Bakoon.  You have the crispness of the Bakoon fidelity in concert with the full bodied euphonics of the TH900.  Really a sweet combo, prolly my baseline set-up for session listening.

You need to add your impressions to the Bakoon thread.

Sep 26, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #24 of 59
The TH900s are my favorite pairing with the Bakoon.  You have the crispness of the Bakoon fidelity in concert with the full bodied euphonics of the TH900.  Really a sweet combo, prolly my baseline set-up for session listening.

You need to add your impressions to the Bakoon thread.

Haha I will add my impression later. :)

The Th900 is really nice, I love it and love its good-look. :)
But still I need sometime to decide which headphone suits me better.

But so far, the LCD3 is the best headphone to my ear :wink:when pairing with the Bakoon.

Sep 27, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #25 of 59

its the most balanced all rounded flagship imo. not amazing at anything in particular, except at being the most rounded. you have the HD 800, the Flagship of Light, the LCD-3, the Flagship of Darkness, the TH-900, the Flagship of Bass, the HE-6, the Flagship of Ecstasy, and then theres the T1, the Master Flagship of Equilibrium 
biggrin.gif

so based on my thread, which flagship should i honestly get? Flagship of Darkness may be too bassy and narrow sounding for me. Flagship of Light would seem to be sibilant with not even a good sub bass.. I am curious about the Flagship of Ecstasy though.... TBH I would love your opinion on my options! (i like the flagship labels, it's awesome lol)

Sep 27, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #26 of 59

so based on my thread, which flagship should i honestly get? Flagship of Darkness may be too bassy and narrow sounding for me. Flagship of Light would seem to be sibilant with not even a good sub bass.. I am curious about the Flagship of Ecstasy though.... TBH I would love your opinion on my options! (i like the flagship labels, it's awesome lol)

The HD-800 shouldn't be sibilant with the nice amp you have, and it has plenty of sub bass too. This solves your worries of a narrow soundstage and it's unquestionably king of the dynamic headphone hill. Just do it :)

Sep 27, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #27 of 59

Lcd-3 is definitelt Not narrow with good amp, bass is less than lcd-2 though, im considering rebuying lcd-2 sometimes since bass on lcd-3 is slightly less and more neutralish.

Hd 800 has great subbass and can go from smooth to unforgiving depending on your amp and source, very revealing,

As for he-6, its a great headphone especially for vocals and all electronic.

And lol thanks, yeah i just randomly came up with the labels,

Sep 27, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #28 of 59
The HD-800 shouldn't be sibilant with the nice amp you have, and it has plenty of sub bass too. This solves your worries of a narrow soundstage and it's unquestionably king of the dynamic headphone hill. Just do it :)

Hi brunk, which cable are you using for your HD800? Is the cardas clear a good fit for the 800?

IMO I prefer the sound of LCD3 better than HD800, the LCD3 is more musical and better bass quality to my ear, the HD800 just have larger soundstage, more like an analytic headphone than a music headphone. But this is just my opinion, and the 800 I heard last time is on another amp, not the Bakoon HPA21. :)

Sep 27, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #29 of 59

Hi brunk, which cable are you using for your HD800? Is the cardas clear a good fit for the 800?

IMO I prefer the sound of LCD3 better than HD800, the LCD3 is more musical and better bass quality to my ear, the HD800 just have larger soundstage, more like an analytic headphone than a music headphone. But this is just my opinion, and the 800 I heard last time is on another amp, not the Bakoon HPA21.
smily_headphones1.gif

It's not the Cardas Clear, but their DIY bulk headphone cable. I can imagine the Cardas Clear will be a fine choice. I'm also going to make a pure silver cable pretty soon here too. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back