Please help recommend me a Portable amp and a Full-size headphone~
Nov 10, 2008 at 5:42 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A cheaper option is the DT770 out of an ibasso D3. Plenty of isolation, great dac/amp - pretty decent all round, i love the combo myself.

Thanks, how is iBasso D3 matching with my ESW9, also the AKG K272? I can find posts saying this iBasso improves bass, izt helpful for the K272's lack of bass as metioned above?

Nov 10, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by paaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and just remember that the k272 will have noticeably less bass than esw9... they really do sound different. maybe it's a smart move to buy from a place with return service, just to be sure. you may very well like them (I did) but they are just as easily disliked.
pico should do well, also with esw9.

noticeably less bass...I'm feel pretty good about my ESW9 but not quite like it with Classical and instrumental music, also my ear hurts after long time listening, so I'm turning for a full-size, for the bass I think I may need to go to the shop and give it a try, see how it tastes~~~coz when searching up the forum I juz found many ppl say AKG is a great choice for classical~

By the way, to purchase pico it's still the only way to put the order in the pre-order thread in this forum izt, or any other alternative website to go for?

Thank you very much~

Nov 10, 2008 at 2:01 PM Post #18 of 20
they are good with classical, just expect to get something really different from your esw9's.
I guess pico is still only pre-order and may take a good while. alternatively look at an RSA Predator. Should sound much like my Hornet which did good with k271s, and also has the USB input for DAC.
there are probably comparisons with pico if you use search

Nov 11, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #19 of 20
Thanks a lot~~
yes, I searched lots of threads about RSA predator and pico, seems lots of people prefer pico to RSA products~

ANyway, I still need to go and try them out myself~See how those ruling AKG cans taste, hehe~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back