Please Help! Power switch broken on amplifier.
Feb 5, 2011 at 4:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

emak212

New Head-Fier
Hello fellow head-fiers.  I was hoping someone knew somewhere that I could find a replacement switch for my NAD 3220 PE amplifier.  The switch was broken off for a while, and all I had to do to turn the amp on was use a small pencil.  Now it is broken to the point where if I turn it on, the switch does not hold so it turns off immediately.  Also, if I hold the switch in to keep the amp on, I get very little sound from my speakers - I have to turn the amp to normally ear-blasting volumes to hear a whisper.  Upon taking apart the amp, I noticed the switch is attached to a spring and a larger piece that is welded into the amp.  I really don't see a way to take it out and inspect it further

Since I'm a novice with electronics repair, i was hoping there was someone out there that could help me out.  Since the NAD is the amp I use for headphone and speaker listening, I can't listen to music now!  I will try to get ahold of a camera soon for pics.  Thanks in advance for any help/feedback.

Feb 5, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #2 of 2
hm..it sounds like you have to open the amp and replace the switch. If you dont have anymore warranty you can do it yourself, i think..post some pictures..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back