Please, help me to choose the best 7.1 hedphones.
Jun 1, 2015 at 2:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

GameGirl

New Head-Fier
Boys, I need help. I like to play different games after my lessons in the university. And I like to watch film on my laptop. But I like to do it at night, and I shouldn't to wake up my mother. I want to buy cool 7.1 headsets. I read a lot of post in the Internet, and now I want to buy Razer Kraken.
Who can say me - am I right with my choice?

Jun 1, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #2 of 5
You're wrong with your choice. (IMO)
Razer Kraken is extremely overpriced for the sound quality and provides way too much boomy uncontrolled bass.

Since most of the 'surround' effects are processed by the game, not a fancy soundcard or headset, even a good stereo headset is sufficient to provide a good sense of space and direction of sounds.

Do you even need a microphone? If not, just get a decent stereo headphone. 

Jun 1, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #4 of 5
  Boys, I need help. I like to play different games after my lessons in the university. And I like to watch film on my laptop. But I like to do it at night, and I shouldn't to wake up my mother. I want to buy cool 7.1 headsets. I read a lot of post in the Internet, and now I want to buy Razer Kraken.
Who can say me - am I right with my choice?

Just get good 'stereo' headphones, no need for surround ones, especially not Razer that stands for one of the overpriced ones. 

Also if you are in need of mic (since you said headset, not headphones) best is to buy some separated mic, even 10$ one will do great for games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back