PLEASE HELP ME SAVE SOME MONEY
Aug 16, 2011 at 10:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ddan6815

New Head-Fier
I recently became a member of head-fi, I've always been heavily into hi-fi audio. Like many before me, I started a search for a a nice pair cans, I ended up with 2 pair. The Q701 and the AD 700. Now the search started for a hp/amp dac. I also wanted something that can be used to connect to my older sonyES player, considering I already own a newer model Emotiva erc1. My question is, I currently own a older Marantz dps 870 processor that I use as theta DAC, Is it possible to find a DAC under $300, that can do a better job than the marantz, or should I just save my money until I can get what I need. The two I tried were the topping d2, which I failed To let properly burn in, and the tc 7510 neither sounder any better than my DP870. I'm in the process of sending the tc 7510 back and was going to give the maverick tubemagic a try, should I, or just save for something better?....almost forgot.....I found out the hp stage on my Emotiva usp1 drives both sets of hp decent enough to make the hp amp secondary to the dac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back