PLEASE HELP ME!!!! Monster Turbine vs Brainwavz M2
Jul 30, 2014 at 2:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Yasink08

New Head-Fier
Hi Head Fi people!

This is my first post after using this website several times without an account however ive hit a wall in my search for buying a new pair of In-Ear headphones (or monitors i recently learnt). Ive been looking to purchase some In-Ear's that can provide a sound experience enough to satisfy my ears whilst on the move. To cut a long story short, im looking for IE's that have amazing bass. I listen to mainly Hip-Hop and currently use the infamous Goji Tynchy Stryder headphones which are surprisingly amazing! However i dont feel comfortable wearing such a large piece of ear equipment in public. My budget is around £75 maximum ($125) but would like to spend less. After a couple of week research i found that Monster Turbines are my best bet and have found a new pair for a best price of £75 however i have also seen that the Brainwavz are also good which i have found for £25 ($40) (used). I was wondering if i could maybe have some advice on which pair i should purchase. Thanks!

Jul 30, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #5 of 8
  you'll need to be more specific and what your looking for. sound signature, form factor, isolation, etc.

Im sorry if my knowledge is a bit inadequate but im honestly a bit of an amateur when it comes to technicalities. Im looking for an earphone that can reach really low bass lines and express them powerfully if that makes sense? I also want crisp vocals and essentially an earphone that can make me feel the bass of my music rather than just hear it. Id also really like the music to be clear and not muffled. Sorry if thats vague and thanks again!

Jul 30, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #6 of 8
while i have not owned the M2 i did own the turbines..... 6 times. to say the least i found the build quality of them to be similar to most everything made by monster. it was a disaster. luckily i had best buys warranty, but there is a reason that they no longer carry them. i truly loved the sound of them but i would greatly advise any one who isnt willing to get it recabled to stay away. just my two cents!and as mentioned above there are plenty options. my budget go to right now are the shure se215 they sound good to me and have a replaceable cable.

Jul 30, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #7 of 8
  while i have not owned the M2 i did own the turbines..... 6 times. to say the least i found the build quality of them to be similar to most everything made by monster. it was a disaster. luckily i had best buys warranty, but there is a reason that they no longer carry them. i truly loved the sound of them but i would greatly advise any one who isnt willing to get it recabled to stay away. just my two cents!and as mentioned above there are plenty options. my budget go to right now are the shure se215 they sound good to me and have a replaceable cable.

Hi kgomez, thanks for info. ive heard the SE215 are good but they have lacking bass and tend to be balanced earphones? do u think that theyre still good for hip hop music? Thanks!

Jul 30, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #8 of 8
Hi kgomez, thanks for info. ive heard the SE215 are good but they have lacking bass and tend to be balanced earphones? do u think that theyre still good for hip hop music? Thanks!

Well I will have to agree that they are pretty balanced. I can't say for certain that they'll work for your hip hop needs however when I listen to hip hop through them they don't disappoint me. I've had much much worse. Another thing I've discovered on my journey in head fi is that most hip hop tends to be mastered and processed disgustingly. It sounds good through beats and the such but most quality gear will make it unearable. The se215 seems to be much less agressive when it comes to situations like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back