Please help me find headphones with good bass and without a clear sound
May 29, 2020 at 5:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

zirap

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I have been trying to find headphones for a very long time without success, so now I hope you guys can help me out!

I can't tolerate the sound from almost any headphone on the market unfortunately because of sensory issues.

I think what I am looking for is headphones that are bassy and that lacks a lot in the mid and high end. Currently I own a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50X. So, something similar but basically with worse sound I guess. Would also like them to be without noise cancelling.
Seems like a bit of a joke thread but really it's not.

May 29, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #2 of 7
Hi,

I have been trying to find headphones for a very long time without success, so now I hope you guys can help me out!

I can't tolerate the sound from almost any headphone on the market unfortunately because of sensory issues.

I think what I am looking for is headphones that are bassy and that lacks a lot in the mid and high end. Currently I own a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50X. So, something similar but basically with worse sound I guess. Would also like them to be without noise cancelling.
How about some Beats headphones? The good news is that with those desired characteristics, you could basically grab an inexpensive generic pair of consumer HPs. A lot of them have boosted bass at the cost of muddy mids and unclear highs.

Have you not been able to find any locally? It would be best if you could try them first.

Last edited:
May 29, 2020 at 9:49 PM Post #3 of 7
How about some Beats headphones? The good news is that with those desired characteristics, you could basically grab an inexpensive generic pair of consumer HPs. A lot of them have boosted bass at the cost of muddy mids and unclear highs.

Have you not been able to find any locally? It would be best if you could try them first.

Ok thanks! Seems like all of them in my store are noise cancelling but that seems to be the new thing so will just have to order previous models. Yeah, I think that the cheaper they are, the better they most likely will be for me ha.

No. :/ And I have tried a ton, believe me. Not sure I have tried this brand though.

May 29, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #4 of 7
SkullCandy is another brand to look at.

May 29, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #5 of 7
Ever tried to pinpoint the frequencies that cause issues & correct them with EQ or DSP filters? That could also help you select headphones utilizing frequency response measurements. Can also try a basic filter mod by placing some material between the earpads and the headphone (even everyday things like toilet paper and non-slip shelf liner have been used for various mods).

Otherwise off the top of my head Porta-Pros might be a good place to start. This thread might be of interest to you: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/we-want-mud-dark-headphones-appreciation-thread.926106/

Last edited:
May 30, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #6 of 7
Ever tried to pinpoint the frequencies that cause issues & correct them with EQ or DSP filters? That could also help you select headphones utilizing frequency response measurements. Can also try a basic filter mod by placing some material between the earpads and the headphone (even everyday things like toilet paper and non-slip shelf liner have been used for various mods).

Otherwise off the top of my head Porta-Pros might be a good place to start. This thread might be of interest to you: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/we-want-mud-dark-headphones-appreciation-thread.926106/

I second the EQ suggestion, seems like the best way to make very much any headphone sound the particular way you want it to be. It could be a challenge depending on your setup so how do you listen to music?

May 30, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #7 of 7
Hi,

If you want acceptable sound, tamed high frequencies and noise cancellation, the Sony WH-1000XM3 is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back