Please help me decide between the pro 900 and the new ath-es10
Nov 13, 2009 at 12:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

RAFA

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi

next week, after money landed on my paypal account, I will buy new headphones. First I was pretty sure that I want to buy the Ultrasone pro 900, but then I saw that Audio technica releases the ath-es10.

However my headphones right now are the Sennheiser IE8 and ATH-ESW9. I like them both really. And I listen to all kind of music. I like godd highs and mids, but lean towards a good bass.

since the es10 is a complete new headphone, maybe only a few listened to it. So I ask you what you would choose, if you were me.
I will buy it then.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanx in advance.

Nov 15, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #5 of 8
No-one can tell you what to buy, and I doubt many (any) will have experience with both ES10 (particularly) and Pro900. I have both the Pro900 and the ESW9 and they are very different sound signatures, completely different headphones. You already have ESW9, and although I have no idea what ES10 sounds like, I would guess that it will be a lot more similar to your ESW9 than a Pro900, that would influence my decision. Do you plan on keeping the ESW9 or would you replace it?

Nov 15, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #6 of 8
I will keep my ESW9s, because somwhere in this forum I read that one guy already heard the ES10 in a store and they sound different.

I love them, I would never sell them.

Interesting thing by now is that the Es10 is leading. I am not sure, I already have a AT headphone, that is why I wanted to hear Ultrasone sound, just to have different sounds in house, but on the other hand if the ES10 sounds different too and better than the ESW9. Another plus for the pro 900, is that the headphone is already experienced by other people as good.

Very difficult decision

Users who are viewing this thread

Back