Please help me choose
Mar 30, 2009 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

wagen

Head-Fier
[size=medium]SENNHEISER IE8 to select Portable Headphone Amps.

I like to listen to classical, New Age.

Emmeline SR-71 / Emmeline "P-51 Mustang" / XIN SuperMacro-IV"4x buffer" ?[/size]

Mar 30, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #2 of 7
I say the Mustang as it is supposed to be very dynamic (good for classical), it is extremely small, and the build quality will be top shelf. SR-71 is big for a portable. Personally I would never buy a Xin product, the guy is a thief, he takes money from people and then doesnt deliver the product. I think there is a used 2 tone mustang for sale here on Head-Fi.

Mar 30, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #3 of 7
You have a pretty nice list there, but is there a reason you left off the iBasso D10? I own one and couldn't be happier with it, and it may save you some money. So far everyone in the D10 thread seems thrilled with the unit, and HeadphoneAddict's massive review listed it as one of the top portable amps available.

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:54 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by wagen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please continue to express.

I like the Mustang (having one myself). The SR-71 would have to be bought used (Ray doesn't make them anymore). The Mustang is expensive, but it's worth it. I don't know about the Xin. I here they are good if you can ever get one (see other posts).

I also agree with lowlevelowl. I am supposed to get the D10 today. The reviews are excellent, the price is about $100 cheaper than the Mustang, and you get a DAC functionality as a bonus. Definitely worth considering.

Cheers!
-HK sends

Apr 2, 2009 at 1:20 PM Post #6 of 7
[size=small]
confused_face(1).gif
I did not get the answer I want![/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back