Please help me choose the best setup to game with headphones on ps4 and Xbox.
Feb 8, 2020 at 4:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

gdourado

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, how are you?

I have an Xbox one X and a PS4 Pro.
Currently I just game with headphones plugged directly to the respective controllers.
But of course the sound quality is not so good and on the ps4, the controller cannot even drive the headphones at decent volume.

The headphones I currently use are the Fidelio X1. I think I would like to continue to use then instead of getting some gaming headset like the Sony Platinums and such.

So I am currently thinking about getting something like a Sound Blaster X G6 to use with my fidelio X1.

the Sound Blaster can take the sound output from the consoles via optical and mix it with a virtual surround processor to give virtual surround.
But my question is if it is worth it and if that virtual surround is good?
Or should I just get a good dac and amp to just use as regular stereo?

Just for gaming exclusively, is a virtual surround like the one the Sound blaster does better? Or good old stereo output preferred?

thank you for your help.
Regards.

Feb 8, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #2 of 3
I say to get the SoundBlasterX G6, if the game your currently playing does not seem to take advantage of G6's headphone surround sound feature, I would assume the G6 can be set to stereo (2.0) audio.

Feb 9, 2020 at 5:46 AM Post #3 of 3
I say to get the SoundBlasterX G6, if the game your currently playing does not seem to take advantage of G6's headphone surround sound feature, I would assume the G6 can be set to stereo (2.0) audio.

thank you formular reply.
An issue I see with the G6 is that it only has one optical input.
So I would have to disconnect it and connect it again everytime I would switch the console I would play.
Is there any sort of device with multiple digital inputs?
I know the dac magic plus. But that does not have any sort of virtual surround processing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back