Please, help me choose between the monarch mk2 or the mest mk2!
Nov 23, 2022 at 1:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sS1RuXx

New Head-Fier
Hi, I want to buy one of these 2 iems but I don't know which one to opt for..

The only thing I can say, is that i had in the past the thieaudio clairvoyance, which surprised me and i loved the tonality and sub-bass on this iem (no problem with the fit)

And i also had the unique melody meXt, which i didn't like it because it was boring, not surprising at all. But from what i read the mest mk2 is on another league, at the same league like the monarch mk2..

Now i just want a upgrade, and i don't know which one choose, what i want now is an all rounder iem witch a good tonality and subbass.

Monarch mk2 for 999€ and mest mk2 for 975€ (second hand, but like new from frebruary of this year)

If anyone had the opportunity to have or try both, I would like to know your opinion of both in detail and which one fits more with me, thanks a lot!

Apr 26, 2024 at 12:57 AM Post #2 of 2
Hey, sorry I know this is an older post but I recently picked up the Monarch MK2 and really enjoy it quite a bit. It's an IEM that is consistently at the top of serious reviewers' "best of" lists and is even though it's a kilobuck IEM, it seems like a great performer, even considering the cost. I haven't heard the MEST MK2 but looking at the FR charts, it seems like there is a noticeable 5db flat spot in the vocal regions where music is often most enjoyable. I would definitely rec the Monarch over the MEST.

https://squig.link/?share=Harman_Adjusted_Target,Unique_Melody_MEST_mkII,ThieAudio_Monarch_MkII_(S2)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back