Please help me choose an Etymotic Earplug
Mar 28, 2006 at 8:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

omedon

500+ Head-Fier
I would like to get a custom mold etymotic earplug but I am having trouble deciding between the ER-15, 20, and 25.

Anybody have experience using these? Is it too difficult to talk to people with the 20 or the 25? Does the 15 or 20 offer enough protection?

Mar 28, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by omedon
I would like to get a custom mold etymotic earplug but I am having trouble deciding between the ER-15, 20, and 25.

Anybody have experience using these? Is it too difficult to talk to people with the 20 or the 25? Does the 15 or 20 offer enough protection?

I've had the generic ones for some time, and they work quite well. It is actually easier to talk to people with them on. That said, I think that you would enjoy any of them, but perhaps you should first try the generics for the whopping $12.

Some people I know have liked them about as much, and felt better about the $12 when some of them eventually lost the customs.

Mar 28, 2006 at 9:49 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobzemuda
I've had the generic ones for some time, and they work quite well. It is actually easier to talk to people with them on. That said, I think that you would enjoy any of them, but perhaps you should first try the generics for the whopping $12.

Can you tell me more about the generics? Where do you get them?

Mar 28, 2006 at 10:00 PM Post #4 of 5
Some of the sponsors sell them

TTVJ and Earplug Solutions. Some people like myself find them a little troublesome to fit in the ear properly. They do a good job of attenuating the sound though.

They are called ER-20's but rated for 12 or 14 db's. This is because people using them don't necessarily put them in properly. Proplerly worn they should attenuate 20 db.

Mar 28, 2006 at 10:44 PM Post #5 of 5
I went to the local Guitar Center, and they had a few rows of attenuation earplugs, starting with the squishy foam ones, to the silicone flange ones that I chose. $12.

That is a good place to go look at inexpensive plugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back