Please Help...Looking to replace my E3's
Jun 30, 2005 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jivetkr

New Head-Fier
Im looking to replace my e3's & move to something that will have better bass response & treble that is musically pleasing, not overly harsh. I find the E3s to cause some ear fatigue when I listen for long periods.

Im sure if the ipod came with a graphic EQ or allowed EQ presets from iTunes to transfer to the ipod I could make the E3s sound great. At home, listening to music from my PC I can EQ all I want & it sounds great...But I need something that sounds good on the go for the long commutes with the ipod.

I listen to alot of rap, rock, jazz, blues, & a little classical & I have a 4thGen ipod.

Any suggestions? I dont want to spend over 300.

Jun 30, 2005 at 6:34 PM Post #2 of 6
I've heard great feedback and reviews on the shure e4c's. I say you step it up one more earphone in the shure line.

Jun 30, 2005 at 6:39 PM Post #3 of 6
So you have a couple of choices. I would go for the e5's. The bass is nice and the treble is good as well. Not going to get the bass out of the e4s. Get a pair on ebay. Guessing you can get them for 300 or around that there. I got mine for $300 over a year ago there.

Then went you want to upgrade get a portible amp. Then you will have a really nice system. At that level there isn't that much of a difference between the top of the line headphones. Well in my eyes.

Jun 30, 2005 at 6:47 PM Post #4 of 6
If it makes a difference Ive had my E3's for over a year now and I love em. However I ordered a set of the E4's anyway and now Im waiting for them to come in.

Jun 30, 2005 at 7:37 PM Post #5 of 6
I'd look into a set of dual driver phones like the UE Super-Fi 5 Pros. If you want to go a bit over your limit, there's the UM2's & the Shure E5's.

Jun 30, 2005 at 8:02 PM Post #6 of 6
Do you need isolation?

I assume so... but you didnt state so explicitly.

If you dont need isolation.... KSC75 + govibe.... or PA2 if you want more midrange and bass slam.

Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back