please help, looking for new mp3
Apr 16, 2008 at 9:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

i--vtec

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a new mp3 player with good SQ, I can only get it at bestbuy,
because i have their gift card. which one should i choose? sansa clip, sansa fuse, sony a816, or the new sony a728, or any other with good SQ, the other functions are not that important, thanks in advance!

Apr 16, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #2 of 12
I'd get the Fuze if I were you, for the excellent sound quality and expandability.

Apr 17, 2008 at 11:55 AM Post #4 of 12
With any of those four you listed, you simply cannot go wrong, they are all reputed, solid performers in the sound quality category. Pick based upon what you want more out of your mp3 player, a diminutive size (Clip), a large screen (a728), or something in the middle (Fuze and a816).

Apr 17, 2008 at 1:15 PM Post #5 of 12
The Sony A818 would be my choice. It's cheaper then the new Sony, but has a samller screen (no need if you don't watch videos). It has better SQ then the Sansa series. Yes the sansa has good SQ for the MONEY, but it doesn't compare to higher end players IMHO. The A818 is also very small and has great build quality and UI.

Apr 17, 2008 at 2:28 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Sony A818 would be my choice. It's cheaper then the new Sony, but has a samller screen (no need if you don't watch videos). It has better SQ then the Sansa series. Yes the sansa has good SQ for the MONEY, but it doesn't compare to higher end players IMHO. The A818 is also very small and has great build quality and UI.

Are you talking about the old Sansa's? Pre-Clip/Fuze?
Did you hear a Clip or Fuze?

I haven't heard the Sony's you mention, but i know the Clip sounds alot better than the ipod photo i used to have, which cost me about 10x the price of a 2GB Clip.

I just bought Shure E500's for the Clip, and i'm nothing short of ecstatic about it.
The Fuze is said to sound the same, and has the capacity advantage. So if that's your thing, go for it.
I love how the Clip is so tiny though, it's about the same size as the (ridiculously expensive) remote i bought for the ipod.

Apr 17, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #8 of 12
The Fuze or Clip might make a better pairing with the cx300 than one of Sony's players, since the cx300 already have exaggerated bass, and Sony tends to exaggerate the low end somewhat on their players.

Apr 18, 2008 at 1:04 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steely /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you hear a Clip or Fuze?

I have heard the clip. I bought one for my 12 year brother-in-law for Christmas (he already lost it). While it does sound good at that price point, it is by no means an audiophile device. Is the Sony 10x better? To most people, no. To me, yes. The sound is much cleaner in my opinion. With the clip I could amost tell i was listening to a digital recording. The sound enhancement features also make it MUCH better. You can tailor the sound to your phones or musical genre more accurately.

Again, these are only my opinions.

May 20, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get Fuze or Clip. I have Sansa Clip. SQ is good, i listen to it while jogging, it's very good.

... but the Clip isn't very loud for listening in noisy environments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back