PLEASE HELP!!! Looking for a desktop DAC/AMP or standalone AMP around or below $100
Jul 28, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #16 of 23
I was only considering that Fiio DAC because the Magni has an RCA input and not 3.5 mm, but I could probably get a 3.5 mm to RCA cable that will do the same thing. I'm probably going to get the O2 at first because of its ability to be portable, and then I'll get one of the better Schiit offerings or another amp in the $300 range. 

Jul 28, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #18 of 23
Great! Thanks a million for all the help and advice! You've been really helpful and has opened my eyes more to the audio world. Thanks again man!

P.S. Do you have any recommendations for IEMs/HiFi in-ear headphones between $50 and $100 (preferably closer to $50). I just want something with a mostly neutral sound, tight bass, and maybe warmer treble that fits well and is good at noise isolation that will tide me over until I get something nicer or custom. I'll gladly take your opinion, but this might become a new thread of mine. Think I should do that? Anyway, I can't thank you enough for the help, but thanks again!

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #19 of 23
I have the Soundmagic E80s. Bit of bass emphasis, but not heavy. Probably not as much bass emphasis as what you hear from the DT990. Excellent sound for ~ $50.

They are a little bit more difficult to drive than your average IEM, but not hard to drive. If you have a weak amp in your phone and like to listen very loud, you might be disappointed in the volume. But I find they sound great on my Note 5.

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #20 of 23
Oh, and look at this set of reviews for more ideas: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-352-iems-compared-pump-audio-earphones-added-04-03-16-p-1106

Users who are viewing this thread

Back