Please Help! Headphone suggestions
Sep 17, 2008 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

FlippantZ

New Head-Fier
So I'm in the market for new headphones. I had a pair of Bose Triport headphones for almost four years- and they were divine, but the cord eventually died. I have spent a lot of time researching headphones this past week- probably too much time, so I'm probably getting behind on homework- OK fine I stayed up until 3am two night in a row looking at headphones. It's kind addicting. Anyways, I need suggestions for full, around-ear headphones that are closed. I am addicted to music and I need headphones that I can keep me in my own world when I'm in the library and when I'm walking around outside or on the subway. I use primarily my iPod so that is a factor concerning impedance- range and detail is very important but so is sound level.

THANK YOU!
Zephi

Sep 18, 2008 at 2:05 PM Post #4 of 5
My max would probably be $150- I am a lowly college student working part time in an expensive city...I also have a big range for musical genres. I like ambient, dub, classical, and classic rock. Lately I've been getting deeper into ambient, but I also need headphones that can give me the best of Led Zeppelin.

Quick question: What is the give/take between open versus closed headphones. I really do need to be able to keep out the outside world and not bother them when I'm in the library, but how much do closed headphones affect quality?

Sep 18, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #5 of 5
Don't toss out IEMs!

I was the same situation... poor student in the city. My solution was... iems (etymotic er6is) for the library and open (grado sr-80s) at home. I've had the opportunity over the years to upgrade but I was very happy with my choices.
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, buy used at the FS forums!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back