**Please Help** Full 0.35 seconds latency using Hiby R3 as USB DAC, and NOISY ONBOARD HEADPHONE AUDIO; I need a fix, please help
Apr 29, 2020 at 2:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

goodyfresh

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys,

I am having a major issue.

I got a "low-end" ($850 before tax) HP Omen laptop. I was happy with it at first. But I have discovered that to my horror, when I use my Fiio FH1 dual BA/Dynamic IEM's (my usual go-to) from the onboard headphone jack, it is EXTREMELY noisy, the background hiss is so noticeable that I can ALWAYS hear it in videos or games whenever things go the least bit quiet, and it's so loud that in quieter parts of tracks I can hear the hiss OVER the other audio! Obviously that is unacceptable in a gaming laptop.

So I figured hey, why not just use my Hiby R3 as a USB DAC? My old Dell Inspiron had much less noisy onboard audio (again, this background noise is unacceptable on a GAMING laptop), but had noisy clicking USB audio. However, I have discovered TO MY HORROR that when using my Hiby R3 as a USB DAC, there is a full 0.35sec (350ms) of lag/latency in the audio. That includes gaming, playing video files from the computer, and streaming stuff in browsers or apps. ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE!

So now I seem to have two choices: Either be stuck with the crappy onboard audio with noticeable background hiss and crackling, OR be stuck with the USB Audio from the R3 which has a full 0.35 second delay! Neither is an acceptable option.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME????? Will getting a dedicated USB Audio DAC solve my issue?

Sincerely,
A Very Frustrated Audiophile

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back