please help friends
Jan 20, 2015 at 8:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

nicememe

New Head-Fier
I bought a shure srh440 a few years ago as my first serious pair of headphones and I think they are pretty good however the earcups and too small and the sound signature is too neutral for me so im looking for a new pair and I like bass so I picked the beyerdynamic dt770 80ohm b/c everyone says its really good but then I also like detachable cables and I want a nice mic to go with it. I currently have a zalman clip on mic and I need to put the sensitivity right up to hear me and then it picks up heaps of static and so if ig ot the dt770 I would need a modmic or something which brings the price up pretty high @ $320

t he other headphones I found is the audio technical ath pg1 http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=1098 which has the detachable cable like I like and a decent quality mic which I also like, my only conern is since it's $100 less it might be worthwhile getting the dt770 please help idk if I even want a heap of bass xoxo

Jan 20, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #2 of 5
Sir - I really suggest you slow down and use some punctuation (commas & periods) in your posts. I'm normally not a grammar nazi (my grammar is poor at best), but your post was painful to try to decipher. If we can't read & understand the question, then we can't answer it.

Anyway, if I understand your question, you are asking if the DT770+modmic is better than the ATH-PG1 headset.

Beyerdynamic does make a headset based on the DT770:
http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/gaming/mmx-300.html

Jan 20, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #3 of 5
I could understand him fairly well. However, he definitely needs to quit with the rambling and run on sentences.

To OP: of course it depends on how much you want to spend on your headset or headphone+mic combo. That's your own opinion and/or fiscal situation so that's up for you to decide.

As I understand, you are afraid to spend too much money but would like to do so to get more bass out of your headphones as opposed to the cheaper and presumably less bassy Audio Technicas you listed. 

If you don't want to shell out an additional $100 for a bassy headphone + mic combo vs a less expensive headset then so be it. The question you're trying to ask is, I believe, pointless. 

"please help idk if I even want a heap of bass xoxo"
You say that you want bass but then you contradict yourself by saying that you aren't sure if you want bass. It's either one or the other. 

Jan 20, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #5 of 5
well i said some time ago that i would stop cheaping out on things because i have bought so many things and they turn out trash so i bought the dt770's and a modmic hopefully they will suit me :^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back