Please help fill in blank: if you loved the ATH CKN70s, you'll REALLY love....
Sep 26, 2014 at 6:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MrMonte

Head-Fier
Hello. About a year or so ago, after much research and experimenting and recommendations from trusted members of this board, I purchased the ATH CKN70s and have been immensely enjoying them (except for the cord). So now I have that urge to upgrade another level but would like the next IEM to have similar qualities to what I hear in the CKN70s, e.g., wonderfully balanced sound, nice but not overwhelming bass, no harshness, high musicality, no piercing highs, nice detail, all around wonderful, warm, and satistying presentation. They are so easy to listen to and have such warmth, while also being able to bring out the best in so many musical styles. 

My styles, btw, are mostly rock, and harder rock, but more in the classic genre, Ramones, Black Sabbath and the like as opposed to thrash or death metal. But then sometimes I need a change of pace and go for a bit of classical. Or country....

So that's me, and I'd very much welcome your suggestions based on what you now know that I like. And...I'd like to keep the cost under $125.00 if possible - really under $100.00.

Thank you in advance and I look forward to reading your ideas and thoughts!

MrMonte

Nov 29, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #2 of 2
Hola Mr. Monte:

This is my take on this.  Instead of getting several pairs of $100+ IEMs through several purchases over 2-3 years, just get one pair of $250-300 IEMs.  I am going to do that.  I want a lot of high quality bass that doesn't muddy up the mids, with high quality treble at the same time.  Aiming at that, my next purchase will be the JVC HA-FX850 or equivalent if a better model comes out on the market before I make my purchase.

Know the sound profile that you want and describe it well in The Discovery Thread.  The guys over there will know which IEMs qualify as your upgrade for the ATH-CKN70.

Grace of my Lord Jesus be with you,

Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back