Please help deciding between 3 bluetooth headphones - mdr-1rbt, backbeat pro, vmoda crossfade
Oct 3, 2016 at 4:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Jupo

New Head-Fier
Hello!

I'm new to this community, and to high-end audio for that matter. I've never owned, or even experienced decent headphones, and I'm looking to change that.
I've been using some Bose AE1's for the last few years (plz don't burn me, they were cheap), and now I'd like to buy a set of decent over-ear Bluetooth cans for my daily commute to work and telecommunications. (I'm very tired of dealing with wires and jacks)

After lots of research, I've narrowed down my choices to these three headphones:
- Plantronics Backbeat Pro (€175 on Amazon, €200 at local Finnish shop)
- Sony MDR-1RBT (€200 on Amazon)
- V-MODA Crossfade Wireless (€300 on Amazon)

My budget is €300, but I'd be more comfortable spending less than that. The VMODA's are right at the top limit, but I know that it's very highly regarded among HiFiers for its audio quality. I live in Finland, so there will also be additional shipping costs from Germany. I really like all the functionality of the Backbeats, including ANC, multiple bluetooth connections, open-mic toggle, and auto-pause. The 1RBTs seem like a great choice as well, and I've also seen it recommended a lot around here. The Sony's design looks the best in my opinion, but it doesn't have ANC which is a bummer.

A bit about my usage:
I commute to work by bus 45min each way, so ANC is an important feature. My Android (Nexus 6P) phone will be the main audio source during commutes, and my laptop will be the source at my office. I do a lot of conference calls at work, so microphone quality is important as well. I mainly listen to classical music and oldschool rock (Eagles, Beatles), but from time to time, I do enjoy some thumpy electronic house music or hiphop.

Last night, I was leaning quite heavily to the Backbeats, but now I'm conflicted between the three. Is the audio quality drastically different among the three, as their prices are so different?

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back