Please Help! Audio Technica ATH-M50x vs Sony MDR-1A
Mar 10, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #16 of 25
Also, my bestbuy stocks the 1A and has display models to try on. It's in the really high end section at the back of the store in my case, where they sell the really expensive sound systems, TVs, etc. Might be worth it to try them on.

Mar 10, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #17 of 25

I've been looking at the Vmoda m100's. Are they good in your opinion? Also my price range is below 300 so I wouldn't be interested in the Taction Kannon.

I do like the m100 a lot for edm/rap/hip-hop. It is excellent bass extension. Be sure to order the XL pads if you buy it. Stock pads are uncomfortable.

Mar 12, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #21 of 25
I own ATH-M50X and heard the MDR-1A on our local retail store here in PH EggHead. If that is your only option I will choose ATH-M50X, MDR-1A bass (Lows) is too overwhelming for me. ATH-M50X is more neutral and flat for the price. If you would ask me any suggestion besides ATH-M50X my suggestion are as follows;
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7
- Hifiman HE400i

Mar 12, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #22 of 25
I own ATH-M50X and heard the MDR-1A on our local retail store here in PH EggHead. If that is your only option I will choose ATH-M50X, MDR-1A bass (Lows) is too overwhelming for me. ATH-M50X is more neutral and flat for the price. If you would ask me any suggestion besides ATH-M50X my suggestion are as follows;
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7
- Hifiman HE400i

Not to hijack this thread but do you have any experience with the MSR7s? I was hoping to buy the NC model when it comes out later this year but I was really concerned with their comfort over long durations. I saw that the headband can be bent to make them more comfy but I was hoping to get some input.

Mar 12, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #23 of 25
Not to hijack this thread but do you have any experience with the MSR7s? I was hoping to buy the NC model when it comes out later this year but I was really concerned with their comfort over long durations. I saw that the headband can be bent to make them more comfy but I was hoping to get some input.

It's okay, you can ask. Wouldn't call it hijacking. :)

Mar 13, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #24 of 25

Non taken.. ^_^

As for your question, "YES" but I just test it on the same store where I usually buy my headphones, DAC / AMP & etc. Sound quality is amazing, I must say It is much more balance and neutral compare to ATH-M50X that I own. The level of comfort if much better than M50X also, as it has thicker and nice ear cups. The texture of it's ear cup and band are similar of being a true leather. When I got hold of it the texture is much more nicer compare to M50Xs pleather. It is build mostly of aluminum and plastic and it doesn't feel cheap at all. If you are having doubts you can visit your local store and test it for yourself.

Sound stage to this headphone are much more preset compare to M50Xs, but still open headphone such as HE400i has better sound stage than close headphones when it comes into sound staging.

Mar 13, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #25 of 25
M100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back