PLEASE HELP!!! ATHD40F as good as sony v6
Jun 28, 2001 at 2:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ded

New Head-Fier
im looking for closed style headphones that have a good bass response,nice treble amd midrange.Read all the posts on how the sony v6 sounds so good.but i found a review on hifi choice that described these ATHD40( not the flat version) in a way that reminded me alot of the sony v6.Which should i choose for the best possible sound?are the audio technica better in any way?

Jun 28, 2001 at 7:59 PM Post #2 of 4
I would say no most likely. The V6 is a great headphones, and it would be hard to match in the low price range. I haven't heard the AT headphone you're talking about, but the V6 has such a great reputation that it would be hard to go wrong.

Jun 28, 2001 at 8:03 PM Post #3 of 4
Let's see if Jack runs across this thread because he has what I believe are the ATH-M40fs's, and I've heard them.

He now has the V6's, and, I think he'd agree with me when I say that there is absolutely no comparing the two -- the V6's (to my ears) are better in every way.

Jun 28, 2001 at 10:14 PM Post #4 of 4
i was really almost considering the :ATH-M40fs's since there $20 less than the sony(it's actually the MDR 7506) at zzsounds.
Im suprised that most of you have not listened to these before.
Maybe it's because the sony's are really one of a kind.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back