Please help--Anyone else unable to wear circumaural headphones? Any advice?
Apr 28, 2005 at 5:20 AM Post #16 of 20
got my pair of V6s 5 hours ago and I know what you're talking about! do you think you can swap the beyer pads for the sonys and see if that fixes the V6s clampy ness?

Apr 28, 2005 at 5:23 AM Post #17 of 20
The clampiness of the V6s I think are due more to the headband than the (p?)leather pads, at least as far as I've noticed.

However unlike the Beyers, the V6 headband can be flexed manually. Just use a little force on the band at several different points and bend the V6s outwards. That will reduce clampiness.

Apr 28, 2005 at 6:59 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvdonly
The clampiness of the V6s I think are due more to the headband than the (p?)leather pads, at least as far as I've noticed.

However unlike the Beyers, the V6 headband can be flexed manually. Just use a little force on the band at several different points and bend the V6s outwards. That will reduce clampiness.

did the bending of the headband fix your issues?

Apr 28, 2005 at 3:17 PM Post #19 of 20
Aydn, not mine specifically because of the aforementioned (read the posts of mine at the top of the thread) problems which it seems hardly anyone else suffers from.

If clamping is your only issue, the bending of the headband should fix it. Try it, you don't have anything to lose, it doesn't break the headphone.

If you suffer from the same thing I'm suffering from, then the cups on the V6 clamping on your lower ear/jaw area is the problem and that can't be remedied. Even if you swap pads, the clamp will be there (and I'm not about to test it by removing the pads off of my Beyer...I'm not that brave!...also the cups on the V6 are different size/shape than the Beyers). The swivel on the V6 can't be jimmied like I did on the 880s because the design is different.

Apr 30, 2005 at 6:09 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

SUCCESS!

Congrats. Enjoy your new Beyers. =o)

Quote:

Kurt, so where do I stretch if the muscles/nerves causing the discomfort are in that spot where my ear and jaw meet? How do I stretch that part out? Just do jaw/mouth exercises?

To move the cervical spine, one variant is important. When moving the head backwards do not move the chin upwards. Same when moving the head forward; do not move the chin downwards this time. To a lesser degree this is also legit when moving to the right or left. It doesn’t play much of a roll when turning. Use both methods, with chin going in the same direction as well as letting the chin in a neutral position.
If it doesn’t get much better with your own stretching, visiting a physical therapist is the way to go.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back