Please explain these to me..
Dec 8, 2011 at 5:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

lifeisbeautiful

New Head-Fier
Hi all-

I see people here talking about IEMs sounding "analytical", "musical", "balanced" etc.. What does it really mean? Can an IEM be "musical" without being "analytical"...?
Also, it would be good if someone can tell me what "imaging" means, and how it is related to the "soundstage"....?

thanks.

Dec 8, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #2 of 3

http://www.stereophile.com/content/sounds-audio-glossary-glossary

Soundstage is width, depth and height, soundstage is actually a term used for speakers, I say soundspace for IEM's.

Imaging is the movement of sounds, and the precision of that movement and their positioning within that x-y-z space.

Dec 8, 2011 at 6:54 AM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
Hi all-

I see people here talking about IEMs sounding "analytical", "musical", "balanced" etc.. What does it really mean? Can an IEM be "musical" without being "analytical"...?
Also, it would be good if someone can tell me what "imaging" means, and how it is related to the "soundstage"....?

thanks.

You will know it when you hear an analytical and musical iem/headphone.

A simple way to understand the terms:

-Analytical presents everything in a very detailed and organized manner and make you can't help but to be aware of everything that is going on in the music instead of enjoying the music

-Musical gets you absorbed into the flow and emotion of the music without bothering about anything else

Users who are viewing this thread

Back