Please explain....?? DT770? Pro?
Mar 14, 2009 at 3:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

destinyx

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone

I've been reading around the forums... and as I've been getting quite confused, I was hoping someone could directly answer some Qs for me... sorry in advance if these questions have been answered before!

Is there much difference between the Beyerdynamic DT770 and the Pro?

I am wanting these headphones to listen to music while I'm studying, so how comfortable are they/how tight fitting and do they ever feel like they'll get too tight and get uncomfortable after long periods of having them on?

Can someone please tell me the difference between 80ohm and 250ohm for the Pro?

By the way are these okay for the ipod nano? o_o; I have also read a lot of threads that talk about getting amps..whatever that is.. or changing padding for headphones?? Are these recommended for the DT770/Pro?

Thanks heaps!!!!

Mar 14, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by skiflyer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wikipedia is your friend

Amplifier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Digital audio player - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ohm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you're not going to buy an amp, get the 80ohm version, if you are, find someone who knows the differences between the sound signature of the 80ohm and the 250ohm and figure out which you'd prefer.

from what I recall of the DT 990 discussion threads about the high impedance and normal impedance variations, the higher impedance variant is "more refined" and "more controlled" on the upper end, but don't quote me on that (just repeating what I've heard)

and I agree, if you aren't buying amplification, get the 80ohm version, regardless of what the 250ohm is claimed to do, because your ipod simply won't drive it (it'll struggle enough with the 80 ohm)

Mar 15, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #8 of 8
Maybe this thread can be of some help.

As for the differences between the Pro 80 and 250 ohm, it seems that they are both bass heavy, but the Pro 250 has more treble.
Do some searching on Headfi-er leeperry, he ownes both the DT770 pro 250 ohm and the DT770 consumer edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back