please critique my future purchase
Jul 20, 2007 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Ooztuncer

500+ Head-Fier
This one is not a dream but will take some time for me to gather the financials.

I am thinking to setup a fully balanced system around Senn HD650 for $3k (will be buying 2nd hand gear). After my research I am thinking to go after:

Cec TL51X transport
Electrocompaniet ECD1 dac
Rudistor NX-33 amp
Balanced equinox cable
Senn HD650 (already own the cheapest part, lol)

I am pretty much settled on the balanced equinox cable. Also, I feel comfortable with the ECD1 selection rather than lavry, benchmark, stello, etc. I would like to get a Northstar M192 but it is out of my league.

The grey area is the transport and the amp selection.

I read in various forums about Naim, Arcam, Cambridge Audio, Rotel, Nad, Sony, Marantz player recommendations. However, I have a gut feeling that TL51X with belt drive mechanism, current injection technology, and non feedback loop amplifier will offer a much better sound than its competitors in $700 range. Furthermore, for fully balanced system it seems like a great selection. Would you agree?

The balanced amp selection for the system... I would like to get a solid state amp this time & I know that i have limited selections: gs-x, square wave, desktop balanced, or nx-33 (all around $1 - $1.5k). I didn't hear any of them but again my feelings pointing out the NX-33 for around $1k (used). Hopefully, I will have a chance to listen beta 22 in the upcoming boston meeting. Perhaps a fully balanced b22 would be a better choice than NX-33 but again i don't think anybody has even heard it yet. Any other suggestions here?

Thanks,
- Ooz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back