please cancel my headfi membership.
Feb 10, 2008 at 12:21 PM Post #46 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by wrecked_porsche /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just bite off the edges a little then.
biggrin.gif

Not really a solution. While frying, the porras take some oil from the pan by their extremes. The short ones will take more oil and result more greasy and less tasteful than the long one cut in smaller pieces once fried. There's a whole science and art around making churros and porras properly.

Well, enough about food for today! Gorman, I hope you reconsider your position. This is a great place to know friendly people, to share knowledge, to learn, to have fun and to get the unstoppable itch to buy gear exhausting your wallet. Just take some time to use the search feature, and try to make specific questions on things that some people could have tried before. You won't get many answers being unpolite, rude, reiterative or asking about things that have been asked zillion times.

Rgrds.

Feb 10, 2008 at 12:40 PM Post #48 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by wrecked_porsche /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its always a fight between the churros and pretzels isn't it?
biggrin.gif

Why not a slice of pizza or something?

pizza_slice_3.png

Pizza%20Slice.jpg

pizza2.gif

pepperoni_pizza.png

Mmmmmmmmm..... Cheeeeeese....

pizza-slice.jpg

DAMN YOU! You have just made me really, really want a pizza!

Feb 10, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #52 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sometimes feel the same as the op but there are some people that do help alot

So thanks to them!

Hehehe, you're not the only one. All we have been new at any time, I still am. I sometimes feel that my posts are overlooked, as if no one had wrote a single line, but I guess it takes some time until your nick sounds familiar, you grow up a reputation, other people knows your bias, taste, criterion... and feel compeled to reply.
I'm a regular poster on many other audio and music forums, and it's always the same. IMHO one cannot expect an overwhelming welcome and plenty of replies when stepping into a community of several thousand members and with many of them having posted more than 5000 times. With your few post count you feel like a little mouse alone into cats party. Though I'm sure the introductory time is worth it.

Rgrds

Feb 10, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #53 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by goraman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find this sight to be unhelpful for new members and snobbish at times so good bye headfi.please delete me as a member.

Don't let the door knob hit ya where the good Lord split ya. AMF.
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #54 of 66
head-fi is , IMO, a nice site with lots and lots of friendly people, so I think perhaps you should stay away for a short period, then register a new ID and start anew.

That's what my head told me, not my wallet :p

Feb 10, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #55 of 66
Although I have been a lurker here for about two years I only recently joined and have found it to be a pretty friendly place.

It can be hard to gauge the 'friendliness' of some replys but thats where emoticons come in handy
wink.gif
confused.gif
eek.gif

You see, I bet that was much easier to gauge!
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2008 at 2:08 PM Post #56 of 66
another noob here ,well i like this forum alot. I come here every day
biggrin.gif

but i dont have the experiance to post in every thread cuz i only know things about the dtt770 and sf5EB.to me the people here are very friendly they have guided me twice in the good direction but maybe bassheads are easy to satisfy
icon10.gif

Feb 10, 2008 at 2:09 PM Post #57 of 66
To the OP:

True, there are a few pompous posers here on Headfi, some of whom really don't know what the frog they are talking about. There is a 10% -15% a.hole factor in the human population, so we probably have our fair share.

However, if you want to be a part of things, you will want to do some research and learn how things go here.

Not that you''ll ever read any of this ...

Feb 10, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #58 of 66
Feb 10, 2008 at 2:34 PM Post #59 of 66
Bah,

I love this forum, and its posters.
smily_headphones1.gif

My wallet on the other hand Damns them all to hades! LOL

Feb 10, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #60 of 66
Most posters on this thread have only confirmed the OP.

A man walks in a bar, and says, "Excuse me, but does anyone here know how to get to Camden Point from here?'

[stony silence]

"...anybody?"

[sound of crickets]

"OK, I'm outta here!"

The bar suddenly erupts with insult, invective, and thrown handfuls of peanut shells. He won't be back, and may never find Camden Point.

Laz

[and, no, this was NOT one of my lame jokes]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back