PLEASE bring back the OLD HEAD-FI website!
Feb 7, 2020 at 7:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

pali

100+ Head-Fier
Admins, would it be possible to bring back the website to how it looked and worked before, please?

1. I can't properly search for anything on the buy/sell forums. How do I do that now?
2. Fonts are too large and the screen has so few lines.

Thank you!

Feb 7, 2020 at 9:01 PM Post #2 of 13
Admins, would it be possible to bring back the website to how it looked and worked before, please?

1. I can't properly search for anything on the buy/sell forums. How do I do that now?
2. Fonts are too large and the screen has so few lines.

Thank you!

Yea they need to give us a update with instructions. The search doesn't seem as good.

Feb 8, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #4 of 13
That "optimising" for mobile usage part is usually just strips down websites of functionality for the sake of "smooth" operation. Its everywhere now.
Next you can expect an app that will be mandatory to install. It will start with clicking 6 adds off and wont let you do anything unlit you share you contacts adresses cats names and favorite colour of wifes underware.

Although mobile devices are becoming faster and can do almost everything PC can do.
Sotware develoders and web designers are eager to make UI of everthing retard friendly to the point where it become like reading a magazine which i cant understand.

Seems like Head-fi is jumping the train too.

Feb 8, 2020 at 4:57 AM Post #5 of 13
I don't like that when I get an email alert for a thread I'm subscribed to. I use to be able to read the new posts on my email. Now I have to visit the thread, and it usually takes me to the 1st page of the thread, rather than the new posts I need to read. It takes much, much longer to load pictures from my phone now to.

Feb 8, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #6 of 13
That "optimising" for mobile usage part is usually just strips down websites of functionality for the sake of "smooth" operation. Its everywhere now.
Next you can expect an app that will be mandatory to install. It will start with clicking 6 adds off and wont let you do anything unlit you share you contacts adresses cats names and favorite colour of wifes underware.

Although mobile devices are becoming faster and can do almost everything PC can do.
Sotware develoders and web designers are eager to make UI of everthing retard friendly to the point where it become like reading a magazine which i cant understand.

Seems like Head-fi is jumping the train too.

Yeah, I guess head-fi has to think about making money too. More site visits plus making buy/sell forums harder to search theoretically means more ad revenue and clicks coz people have a harder time buying 2nd hand.

I don't like that when I get an email alert for a thread I'm subscribed to. I use to be able to read the new posts on my email. Now I have to visit the thread, and it usually takes me to the 1st page of the thread, rather than the new posts I need to read. It takes much, much longer to load pictures from my phone now to.

Yeah, I really liked that I could just follow the thread through email. But making us click to go to the website increases site traffic and ad revenue so it's good for head-fi. :frowning2:

Feb 11, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #8 of 13
The visual thing hit me like a ton of badly optimized low bit rate mp3 files in the face.

Actually the search is right there and the same features are there in advanced search! It's better but the colors aren't contrasting as well.

Feb 11, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #9 of 13
The visual thing hit me like a ton of badly optimized low bit rate mp3 files in the face.

Actually the search is right there and the same features are there in advanced search! It's better but the colors aren't contrasting as well.

Search is there but doesn't work properly, it doesn't generate complete search results. Changing the look is fine, it's just aesthetics, but I wish everything on the site worked properly - it's 2020 not 1990.

Feb 11, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #10 of 13
Search is there but doesn't work properly, it doesn't generate complete search results. Changing the look is fine, it's just aesthetics, but I wish everything on the site worked properly - it's 2020 not 1990.

We have this handy one.

1581470107325.png

and the old one if done by thread

1581470162251.png

Feb 11, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #11 of 13
We have this handy one.

1581470107325.png

and the old one if done by thread

1581470162251.png

Oh wow, now it works, nice. That search bar at the top is pretty recent. Awesome that everything works now then.

Feb 11, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #12 of 13

Agree, the new email notifications are not good. I liked to be able to sort the notifications by thread and quickly keep up on the thread. Plus I find the e-mail notifications are sporadic and don't show every new post.

Feb 11, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #13 of 13
Hmmmmm, no. I admit Head-fi interface was in need of a facelift. This forum looked exactly as the forums I used to visit in late 90s early 2000s. The search function seems to be more powerful, since it's just one spy glass for all your searching needs, before that there were like...3? correct me if I'm wrong, search options and each thing found different things and others didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back