Playstation Vita
Feb 24, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #16 of 22
I'll ask my friend to try those sometime. I don't game much on the go, mainly listen to music so I probably won't get myself one, but it's nice to play on other people's toys once in a while :)

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:08 AM Post #17 of 22
Decided to pick up a Vita this weekend.

I'm an avid 2D fighting game fan, but the thought of using those tiny buttons for belting out combos is enough to sway me away from MvC3 and Blaz Blue. Besides, I own both for the 360 already and wouldn't encounter anyone else with a Vita for a while most likely (and soliciting students on campus for matches might be a bit awkward to say the least).

I'm also a bit ambivalent toward the portable Uncharted.

So I went ahead and got the new Lumines and Katamari games. I'm a fan of both series, and while I acknowledge they gameplay isn't necessarily that "fresh" on either, it's been long enough since I've played either to at least prove entertaining I hope. In particular, I whole-heartedly recommend Lumines to folks into audio. The original game had a killer soundtrack, the sequel not-so-much, and hopefully the third will be a compromise of sorts between an original score and pre-existing material.

I mean it has Windowlicker, so it should be good.

Feb 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #19 of 22

Quote:
I'll ask my friend to try those sometime. I don't game much on the go, mainly listen to music so I probably won't get myself one, but it's nice to play on other people's toys once in a while
smily_headphones1.gif

I wouldn't discount it as a DAP.  I've just listened to my Vita and my iPod 5.5G Headphone out... Vita is definitely cleaner... iPod seems to strain and muddies up the sound a bit.  When I put my LOD and my D-Zero in-line, they seem very close, but of course the D-Zero can't be touched for loudness.  Though, similarly clean.  I'm actually impressed, as I've listened to a few different Smartphones, iPods and my Macbook Pro and my iPad 2... and I always thought the iPod 5.5G was the nicest to me.  Well, now the Vita wins as my best unAmped Dap.

Feb 29, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #20 of 22
I didn't bother to try the headphone out on the Vita. Personally, I prefer to bring my Touch or classic with me though because of the fact that they just hold more. My touch doubles as my entertainment device with some games every now and then. The classic is a tank with 160GB of storage and a battery that lasts for 24h+ of straight listening. Can't beat it for practicality in my opinion, but it lacks the entertainment factor to it.

Feb 29, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #21 of 22
I find my Vita to be quite dark sounding, much darker than any of my other sources. Sounds too soft and muddy. I really dislike it as a DAP and would never pick it over my others. In fact, it even bothers me sometimes when playing games.

Feb 29, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #22 of 22
While it wouldn't replace my iPod... I still think it sounds pretty good.  I do notice though if I use my Klipsch S4 they don't sound as good as they do with my TF10... then again, I thought it sounded pretty good with my PX200-II and an E5 in-between.  I was listening to mostly Jazz stuff tho... when I tried LMAO... I didn't particularly like it.  Eeehh, it's too large to use as a DAP only anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back