Playstation 4 Headphone Help!!
Jul 24, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:
If you want to save money, you might want to consider this one...
http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Surround-Processor-Xbox-360-63043006306200/dp/B006W41X36/ref=dp_ob_title_vg

I cannot say for certain if they would be adaquate for powering the HD 558s on their own. If you double-amped it with a seperate amp, could possibly do well though. 
I've never tried the turtle beach DSS2 though.. so I can't vouch for it personally. I've had my Astro Mixamp for a long time and it works well. 

I might get the DSS2 and upgrade to the Astro mixamp later on

Nov 9, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #17 of 18
That's my exact setup to the T.. HD558, Earforce DSS,and the antlion modmic..

I just ordered a (used) DSS last night on Amazon for just under $15.. My HD558's sound amazing with my ps4. I haven't ordered the modmic yet, just waiting for payday..

My only concern is if I'll be able to HEAR chat through the headphones if they're connected to the optical out and the modmic is connected to the controller.?

I know that in settings>devices>audio devices you can change the "output to headphones" to Chat Audio. But does that mean that I can only HEAR chat through the controller; in which case the modmic might not work?

asgiov

Nov 9, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #18 of 18
I dunno.... it looks like the DDS2 has USB headset chat capability. And the PS4 supports USB headsets, no need to plug into the controller. You would basically plug this into the headphone output of the DDS2 http://www.astrogaming.com/headset-y-adapter/3ACBL-HBM9U-760.html#start=1
and then plug the modmic into the pink input and the headphones into the green input. 

It's kinda iffy though... because instructions on Turtle beach's website for plugging the DDS2 into the PS4 instruct you to use a PS4 chat cable into the controller... O_o;

So I can't be 100% sure. I know it'll work that way with the astro mixamp. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back