Playoff Baseball Thread
Oct 7, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #4 of 21
The D'Backs have a heck of a task ahead of them. The D'Backs are 8-10 against the Rockies during the regular season. On the off chance that the Phillies rally and do the impossible, they've only beaten the D'Backs one time this season.

Oct 7, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #6 of 21
The Diamondbacks are starting to look more and more like the Angels Championship run (or their own from 2001).
Everything is running well for them.

A Rockies/Diamondbacks series will be a little strange as neither team has much of a history (minus the WS ring for ARZ). Usually you have a "Florida vs San Fran" or "Yankees v.s Seattle" where only one team is completely fresh to this level of baseball.

I just hope one team feels the need for us to watch a 4th game in the first round

Oct 7, 2007 at 8:08 AM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only the Cubbies can blow it with such a payroll.

Watch the Yankees much?
evil_smiley.gif

Anyway, as has been proven a million, bazillion times before, payroll doesn't equate to championships. Especially when you're paying $61 million to a couple of pitchers that had never been more than #3 starters at any point in their career. Meanwhile, you look at the D-Backs, Indians and Rockies (GO ROX!), and once again you see that it's not money, but chemistry that wins championships. Sure, you have to have talent, but every team that isn't the Pittsburgh Pirates has talent, it's a matter of having a balance.

Anyway, think Joba Chamberlain will ever wanna pitch at the Jake again?

Oct 7, 2007 at 8:17 AM Post #8 of 21
I want to see Indians v Rockies in the World Series. Given, it won't draw many viewers, but man would it be a good series.

Oct 7, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by BassheadJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Watch the Yankees much?
evil_smiley.gif

Anyway, as has been proven a million, bazillion times before, payroll doesn't equate to championships. Especially when you're paying $61 million to a couple of pitchers that had never been more than #3 starters at any point in their career. Meanwhile, you look at the D-Backs, Indians and Rockies (GO ROX!), and once again you see that it's not money, but chemistry that wins championships. Sure, you have to have talent, but every team that isn't the Pittsburgh Pirates has talent, it's a matter of having a balance.

And the Phillies too. Just proves your point. Chemistry is key and the field manager is so much part of that.

I can see George canning Torre and luring Larussa. If so, Joe, your welcome in the Cards dugout (from this fan's perspective).

Oct 7, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by BassheadJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hahaha. THe poor kid was getting eaten alive there. He has some wicked stuff though
wink.gif

Oct 7, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #14 of 21
Ahh cubs, how you manage to lose.

Ah well, at least there's no Bartman ball or epic failure in 2 straight 8th innings to hear about all this offseason...

And, there's always next season... (and the next hundred following the current trend)

Oct 7, 2007 at 8:19 PM Post #15 of 21
I'm rooting for Colorado. I'm not sure how anyone could call themselves a fan of baseball and not be rooting for them at least a little bit. I wasn't sure they'd ever make the playoffs, but now that they are in it I want them to do very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back