Playlist users be warned: My first impression of the Plenue R
Aug 19, 2018 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

MParrott

Head-Fier
Besides the fact that it's the most beautiful DAP I've ever owned, from the leather case, to the multi-colored LED, or the edgy Aluminium body, I find myself completely frustrated by this little tease.

Setup was easy! First I installed the latest firmware. Easy process. Then I took a 256 GB PNY right out of the box (exFat formatted), put part of my media library on it using the same file structure I use on the root of my computer, and let it update. Worked fast and easy. So far I was impressed and excited.

Next step, import my playlists... Hmmm, nothing that I can find in the GUI about playlists, so I'll check the manual. Nothing in the manual, so I'll check the web. Nothing on the web, except some instructions on how to create a playlist using jetaudio, but even that is for the Plenue J, not R. I posted for help a few days prior to receiving the DAP, but it doesn't appear that anyone has an answer.

Playlists are a must for me. My collection isn't massive, but includes well over 12,000 files. I don't always listed to a specific artist, album or genre. Most of the time, I count on playlists that I've put together over the years to meet my current mood's need. I've put in a significant amount of time and effort getting these just right. But it appears that was all wasted when it comes to the Plenue R. Maybe I'm wrong...

When I first got the iBasso DX90j, it wasn't obvious how to get it working, but the UI had some options that made it obvious that it was possible. After some net surfing and some help, it became an easy process. I had to change some things within the m3u file, like some "\"s to "/"s and some "c:\" to "/mnt/external_sd/", but with find and replace, this could be done in seconds. No biggie.

But I'm holding out hope, because there is a chance that it's possible. It should be.

Aug 19, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #2 of 23
I hope I am not doing the wrong thing by posting this in this thread but I wanted to help people who want to use MusicBee specifically with the Cowon Plenue D. I had a hell of a time figuring out how to get MusicBee to send playlists that I made over to the Cown Plenue D, both on hard memory, and on the SDXC card so this will help. Here are the settings you need to send playlists over to the Plenue D from MusicBee.
Click the MusicBee bar with the drop arrow in the upper left. Select edit preferences. Go down the list to devices. Choose Plenue D and then click configure. Go down to settings. In the box that says music files: type the following: Music\<Playlist><Artist><Title>
Where it says playlist path: type the following: Playlists\
Create a subfolder for each playlist and its tracks: Make sure this is checked
Save as: M3u
Path prefix for tracks: \

To set MusicBee for the SDXC card on your Plenue D: Go back to edit preferences\devices and then choose removeable disk or SDXC card ( by default it usually lists your SDXC card as removeable disk) and then click configure\settings and make sure the settings are exactly the same as described above. If your SDXC (or Micro SD) card is not listed under devices by its proper name, it is probably listed as removeable disk. If you want to be sure this is the correct SDXC card, click removeable drive and then click configure\settings, you should see the correct file path to its proper drive letter listed under storage path. At the top of the screen under edit\preferences\devices: Uncheck the box that says: detect mtp devices. Unless you want to have MusicBee detect a cell phone SD card. Now in your Plenue D go to the root folder (touch the icon for folders at the top of the Plenue D screen) and you should see the SD card listed and all the playlists you created in MusicBee. When you want to send a playlist to the Cowon, right click the playlist and choose send to\device\Plenue D, or removeable storage device. It will now send the playlist and the music files to the proper area on your Plenue D.

Well, i don't even want to attempt the above, because it would create so many duplicate files...

Guys you might find my video I made here relevant for yer m3u/Plenue issues. I also used the above technique with my Cowon toys when I had them and can confirm it worked a treat there as well;

This was a great video, but didn't solve my problem.

Here's how I do it:

In MusicBee, you can access the settings for the Plenue D by clicking on the MusicBee title in the upper left-hand corner and selecting Edit>Preferences>Devices>Plenue D and clicking the Configure button. Or you can find it in the bottom of your Library Explorer panel under Devices (if you use the Library Explorer Panel). Using this method, you would select the Plenue D and click Settings. If you want to work with the SD card, you will find it listed according to the drive letter it shows up as under Preferences>Devices, or as Removable Disk (with a drive letter) under the Library Explorer.

Now, where it says music files:, set it to however you like all of your music organized. I use Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Disc-Track#> - <Title> but really, set it however you like. Further down, where it says playlists path, set it to wherever you want your playlists stored. You can do Playlists\ if you like, but I don't like to create unnecessary folders, so I use Music\ so that they are stored in the root of my Music folder. Again, go with whatever scheme you like. Beneath that, you will find create a subfolder for each playlist and its tracks. Leave this box unchecked. For save as format choose M3U(#EXT) from the dropdown. path prefix for tracks should be set to a single backslash: \ Finally, use relative file paths is also unchecked.

If you use an sd card, make sure the settings for that drive are exactly the same.

Now you can transfer playlists to the device by right clicking the playlist and selecting Send to>Device>Plenue D (or Removable Drive--you can use either or both). The music files will be organized in the way that you have selected, no matter what list they are on. The playlists will go where you have selected as well. When finished, right click the Plenue D in the Library Explorer and select safely remove (or do this through your OS).

You can now select your playlists from the music selection toolbar on the Plenue D. While browsing, click the back arrow until you can't go back any further and the toolbar appears near the top of the window. The one that lets you browse by Folders, Artists, Albums, etc. Scroll all the way to the right and the last icon on the right will look like a piece of paper with a musical note. Select that. This is where your playlists will show up. They will all appear here together, no matter where you have stored them.

And that's it! One of the benefits of this method is that your files are only stored once on your device, no matter how many playlists they appear in.

This one had me really excited, but it didn't work. Not sure if I did something wrong, but the playlist folder it created shows "no file".

Aug 21, 2018 at 1:50 AM Post #3 of 23
Well, i don't even want to attempt the above, because it would create so many duplicate files...

This was a great video, but didn't solve my problem.

This one had me really excited, but it didn't work. Not sure if I did something wrong, but the playlist folder it created shows "no file".

Well done on the video. I learned a bit from it for sure. The problem is that I'm trying to import already existing playlists. For example, I have a "chill" list with a few hundred tracks that I listen to with a random mode.

Since making that video I moved away from winamp and use foobar2000, and now I make playlists in an even more manual mode kinda way, what I explain in the following should apply to any music player installed on yer PC (and should help you with getting yer 'chill' m3u file to work).

Ok, so first off, just pretend that every time I say 'AP100' I'm really saying 'Plenue D', because in this theory they should not differ in how they play a playlist. Furthermore, when I say 'fb2k' (foobar2000) please imagine whatever software you use at home on yer own pc/mac to play music and generate/make playlists, the same principle should apply.

The main difference here (in comparison with my video above) is this time I am treating fb2k as a proper music player, the library of music it contains are pointing not to my AP100 (like above in the winamp video) but now actually like how a normal installation of a music software behaves, it's pointing to the library of songs on my hdd on my computer.
So... I load up fb2k and I have already told it to 'search/add' a certain directory on my computer to add that media to my library. I think we can all now imagine that via fb2k I can browse my files like other music software, via id3tags (Genre, Artist, Album etc) or indeed via Folder structure.
By doing this I can build a playlist and save the m3u file whereever I want (desktop). If i want to play that playlist anytime double click it etc, fb2k starts and the playlist shows and works. Follow me thus far?

Now... in comes the portable player part. What I do now with my AP100 is just ensure that before I 'give' that playlist over to it (or make a copy etc) my own AP100 must have a 'strict' copy of the same files and folders as my library on the computer (or close to, I shall explain more about this in a bit). The point is... if I use fb2k to build a playlist containing certain artists and songs that are NOT on the AP100 (or in your case Plenue D), then we cannot at all expect that playlist to work properly! In reality when we ALTER the playlist (these steps still to come) what will happen is it will 'skip over' any song it can't find on the portable player, keep skipping tracks till it finds a track it does have on the player, but the point is to make SURE that both the portable player and the files in the media folder on your computer are the same, especially so for the file structure. If the media library on your pc is 100gb worth of music, but the media library on your portable player is only 95gb, yer missing songs! So use some kind of Synchronisation software to make any updates made to the music library of yer pc mirrored to yer portable player (or the microsd card housed within your portable player. FYI I use 'Create Synchronicity', a simple small program that that can analyse the one data base/folder structure (media library on pc), and if changes are made there apply them to the new folder/structure destination (microsd card). So I do this regularly to make my DAP up to date with what I have at home (good for backup purposes too!).

Now... so what happens is this. You sit down with yer morning coffee. You fire up fb2k (or whatever software you use) and you browse the music library (on yer pc) and you select which songs you want that day. You make a playlist, you save the file (give it a name) and its on the desktop. But... if we drag this file onto your player it won't work, we need to do something to it first.
The m3u file, we right click it and we select 'Open With'>Notepad (I'm using Win10 by the way, mac users will need to do the equivalent). This is an example of what I see when I do mine;

G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Nine Inch Nails\Bad Witch\01 - crap Mirror.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Nine Inch Nails\Bad Witch\02 - Ahead of Ourselves.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Nine Inch Nails\Bad Witch\03 - Play The Goddamned Part.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Nine Inch Nails\Bad Witch\04 - God Break Down The Door.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Nine Inch Nails\Bad Witch\05 - I'm Not From This World.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Nine Inch Nails\Bad Witch\06 - Over and Out.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Boards Of Canada\Geogaddi\01 Ready Lets Go.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Boards Of Canada\Geogaddi\02 Music is Math.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Boards Of Canada\Geogaddi\08 Julie and Candy.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Boards Of Canada\Geogaddi\09 The Smallest Weird Number.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Boards Of Canada\Geogaddi\10 1969.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Boards Of Canada\Geogaddi\11 Energy Warning.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Boards Of Canada\Geogaddi\13 Opening the Mouth.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Boards Of Canada\Geogaddi\15 I Saw Drones.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Boards Of Canada\Geogaddi\18 Over the Horizon Radar.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Boards Of Canada\Geogaddi\19 Dawn Chorus.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Boards Of Canada\Geogaddi\21 You Could Feel The Sky.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Boards Of Canada\Geogaddi\22 Corsair.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Hybrid\Light Of The Fearless\01 - We Are Fearless.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Hybrid\Light Of The Fearless\02 - Hold Your Breath.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Hybrid\Light Of The Fearless\03 - Superpower.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Hybrid\Light Of The Fearless\04 - Down To The Wire.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Hybrid\Light Of The Fearless\05 - Usual Rules.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Hybrid\Light Of The Fearless\06 - Light Up.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Hybrid\Light Of The Fearless\07 - Beauty Queen.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Hybrid\Light Of The Fearless\08 - Shaking.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Hybrid\Light Of The Fearless\09 - Long Time Coming.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Hybrid\Light Of The Fearless\10 - I Won't Back Down.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Sonoio\Fine\01 I Don't Know.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Sonoio\Fine\02 Left.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Sonoio\Fine\03 Thanks For Calling.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Sonoio\Fine\04 Pieces.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Sonoio\Fine\05 Vitamin D.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Sonoio\Fine\06 Bad Habit.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Sonoio\Fine\07 Under The Sea.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Sonoio\Fine\08 What's Before.mp3
G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db\Sonoio\Fine\09 I Don't Know (Coda).mp3

So what can we learn from this? Ok, so my real name is eddie (lol), my music is housed on a G: and my music sits in a folder called 'best of eddie i9 93db' before then being sorted by Artist>Album>Songs.

Now the music on my sd card inside the AP100 doesn't sit in directories like that, it simply is Root>Albums>Artist>Songs. I do it like this because some of the older style mp3 players had problems playing music if the folder depth got too deep, so my sd card is simpler, it's just a basic list of Artist folders and then within each artist folder the albums.

So I use the 'Replace' tool (Edit>Replace). Under 'Find what:' I copy the text 'G:\My Music\best of eddie i9 93db' and in the 'Replace with:' box I leave blank (I don't touch it). I then hit 'Replace All'. Now my playlist in the Notepad looks like this;

\Nine Inch Nails\Bad Witch\01 - crap Mirror.mp3
\Nine Inch Nails\Bad Witch\02 - Ahead of Ourselves.mp3
\Nine Inch Nails\Bad Witch\03 - Play The Goddamned Part.mp3
\Nine Inch Nails\Bad Witch\04 - God Break Down The Door.mp3
\Nine Inch Nails\Bad Witch\05 - I'm Not From This World.mp3
\Nine Inch Nails\Bad Witch\06 - Over and Out.mp3
\Boards Of Canada\Geogaddi\01 Ready Lets Go.mp3
\Boards Of Canada\Geogaddi\02 Music is Math.mp3
\Boards Of Canada\Geogaddi\08 Julie and Candy.mp3
\Boards Of Canada\Geogaddi\09 The Smallest Weird Number.mp3
\Boards Of Canada\Geogaddi\10 1969.mp3
\Boards Of Canada\Geogaddi\11 Energy Warning.mp3
\Boards Of Canada\Geogaddi\13 Opening the Mouth.mp3
\Boards Of Canada\Geogaddi\15 I Saw Drones.mp3
\Boards Of Canada\Geogaddi\18 Over the Horizon Radar.mp3
\Boards Of Canada\Geogaddi\19 Dawn Chorus.mp3
\Boards Of Canada\Geogaddi\21 You Could Feel The Sky.mp3
\Boards Of Canada\Geogaddi\22 Corsair.mp3
\Hybrid\Light Of The Fearless\01 - We Are Fearless.mp3
\Hybrid\Light Of The Fearless\02 - Hold Your Breath.mp3
\Hybrid\Light Of The Fearless\03 - Superpower.mp3
\Hybrid\Light Of The Fearless\04 - Down To The Wire.mp3
\Hybrid\Light Of The Fearless\05 - Usual Rules.mp3
\Hybrid\Light Of The Fearless\06 - Light Up.mp3
\Hybrid\Light Of The Fearless\07 - Beauty Queen.mp3
\Hybrid\Light Of The Fearless\08 - Shaking.mp3
\Hybrid\Light Of The Fearless\09 - Long Time Coming.mp3
\Hybrid\Light Of The Fearless\10 - I Won't Back Down.mp3
\Sonoio\Fine\01 I Don't Know.mp3
\Sonoio\Fine\02 Left.mp3
\Sonoio\Fine\03 Thanks For Calling.mp3
\Sonoio\Fine\04 Pieces.mp3
\Sonoio\Fine\05 Vitamin D.mp3
\Sonoio\Fine\06 Bad Habit.mp3
\Sonoio\Fine\07 Under The Sea.mp3
\Sonoio\Fine\08 What's Before.mp3
\Sonoio\Fine\09 I Don't Know (Coda).mp3

I hit File>Save and Exit.

Now, if I drag this m3u file and dump it IN THE ROOT of the sd card directory of where my portable music is, then my AP100 can play my playlist successfully.

With your 'Chill' playlist you will need to do a similar thing. Save it to the desktop (make a copy of it, don't ever mess with your original m3u file in case you stuff up and can't make it even play on your computer ever again!), Edit it with a Notepad, and remove any of the folder structure that points to where it lies on your computer, save it and then dump it on the root of the sd card in your Plenue D.

Now here's where it gets interesting. I have not managed to easily get a playlist to work when music is stored both on the internal memory of a DAP as well as the sd card within, that's because the playlist will need to point to two places where the music file is, and when dumping it (the m3u file) in one place I don't think it can easily do that. I think it theoretically possible, but its a more complicated issue.

I hope this somewhat helps.

Aug 21, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #4 of 23
Thanks! I will give this a try and report back!

Aug 21, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #5 of 23
This process doesn't seem to work as the playlist doesn't show up in the Plenue R :frowning2:...

Aug 21, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #6 of 23
I also used these instructions from the Cowon website without success.

Granted the instructions are technically for the Plenue J.

Making playlist(m3u) is as the below.
Please refer to the follow steps.

1. Please install the latest version of jetAudio program to the PC refering to the link below.
http://www.jetaudio.com/download/

2. Please connect the device to USB connector and then start the jetAudio.

3. Please click the playlists category of jetAudio by the right button of the mouse, and then click the 'Add Files▶Add Files in Folder' to appoint the folder where the music files are saved in the device.

4. Please click the playlists category of jetAudio by the right button of the mouse again, and then click the 'Export▶Export to Files...'

5. When the 'Export to File' pop-up appears, please check all the options from 'Options for Exporting' and then click the Browse button.

6. Now, please set as file name, formation of file (m3u), unicode and then save m3u file in the folder where music files are.

Sep 3, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #7 of 23
All,

I'm very close to figuring this out. The ultimate solution is for Cowon to release a FW that supports M3U files, but in the meantime I learned from their support people that the Plenue R only supports CUE files. I have ZERO experience with CUE files, but dove in anyway, to see if I could figure it out. A google search for "m3u to cue" turned up a program called m3u2cue available here. I figured out that this program will assume directories if you don't put it in the root, or along the path. Anyway I created a bunch of test CUE files and edited them differently using a text editor... Here's a video to sum what I did up.

I just can't give up on this device, but how can cowon release a DAP without playlist support? It boggles my mind.

Sep 3, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #8 of 23
Here is the perplexing code that works, but shouldn't?

Notice that the "FILE" has the correct directory, but I swear this CUE wouldn't work until I put the files in the root directory. If I put a "/" in front of "Music" it wouldn't work at all.

REM created with m3u2cue
TITLE "Test"
PERFORMER "Various"
FILE "Music/MP3/George Strait/#7/1-07-MP3-It Ain't Cool To Be Crazy About You-02-51.mp3" MP3
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "It Ain't Cool To Be Crazy About You"
PERFORMER "George Strait"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE "Music/MP3/George Strait/#7/1-02-MP3-Nobody In His Right Mind Would've Left Her-02-52.mp3" MP3
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "Nobody In His Right Mind Would've Left Her"
PERFORMER "George Strait"
FILE "Music/MP3/Metallica/And Justice for All/1-02-MP3-...And Justice for All-09-45.mp3" MP3
TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "...And Justice for All"
PERFORMER "Metallica"
FILE "Music/MP3/Metallica/And Justice for All/1-04-MP3-One-07-27.mp3" MP3
TRACK 04 AUDIO
TITLE "One"
PERFORMER "Metallica"
FILE "Music/FLAC/Phil Collins/But Seriously/1-07-FLAC-Another Day In Paradise-05-22.flac" WAVE
TRACK 05 AUDIO
TITLE "Another Day In Paradise"
PERFORMER "Phil Collins"
FILE "Music/FLAC/Phil Collins/But Seriously/1-03-FLAC-Do You Remember!-04-36.flac" WAVE
TRACK 06 AUDIO
TITLE "Do You Remember!"
PERFORMER "Phil Collins"
FILE "Music/FLAC/Phil Collins/But Seriously/1-06-FLAC-I Wish It Would Rain Down-05-27.flac" WAVE
TRACK 07 AUDIO
TITLE "I Wish It Would Rain Down"
PERFORMER "Phil Collins"
FILE "Music/FLAC/Phil Collins/But Seriously/1-04-FLAC-Something Happened On The Way To Heaven-04-51.flac" WAVE
TRACK 08 AUDIO
TITLE "Something Happened On The Way To Heaven"
PERFORMER "Phil Collins"

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #9 of 23
All,

I'm very close to figuring this out. The ultimate solution is for Cowon to release a FW that supports M3U files, but in the meantime I learned from their support people that the Plenue R only supports CUE files. I have ZERO experience with CUE files, but dove in anyway, to see if I could figure it out. A google search for "m3u to cue" turned up a program called m3u2cue available here. I figured out that this program will assume directories if you don't put it in the root, or along the path. Anyway I created a bunch of test CUE files and edited them differently using a text editor... Here's a video to sum what I did up.

I just can't give up on this device, but how can cowon release a DAP without playlist support? It boggles my mind.

Cowon can be an oddball, sad to see they don't support m3u on that one.

Here's what I'd be trying;

(I think you mentioned before) that you have a heap of preexisting playlists that work fine on pc but not on the DAP, but you want them to work on the DAP, so my first action would be to simply get the playlists to work FROM the Cowon DAP but playing on your computer. I'll say again... not to try and get the m3u files working on the Cowon (we know that can't work), but instead connect the Cowon to the PC, and then get your music software on yer PC to play the music files ON YOUR Cowon from a m3u file. i.e. completely ignore any music files on the pc, do everything from the Cowon when its usb connected. This might be crucial for paths and lessoning the agony of any editing of the cue files later.

Your current m3u files prolly don't point to the music stored on the DAP, I would be trying to get them to do that first (as the Cowon DAP should just be recognised as another drive right), and then once you can confirm that the m3u file that exists somewhere on the Cowon DAP is working on PC software, then try and do the m3u>Cue file program from that point/m3u file. Get me?

So here's the steps I'd be trying;

1) Connect Cowon to pc from usb, confirm the sd card or files on the DAP are drives from My Computer to work with.
2) Open Foobar for instance, and click and drag a few files from different directories from the Cowon DAP (but try and restrict this to either the sd card or the onboard memory of the DAP, don't mix the two) and dump them in foobar. Hit File>Save Playlist>m3u etc.
3) Close Foorbar or delete the current playlist, and try double clicking the playlist m3u file you just made and confirm it works.
4) Using the Notepad editior open the playlist and have a look at the path names.
5) Make copies of your current playlists that work with the computer, the ones you play that manage hundreds of tracks, because we'll try editing these first.
6) Open With the Notepad editor again and take note of the different paths to the songs, compare the two m3u file paths and how they differ (the test one you just made from the Cowon DAP vs the ones that work on the PC (and point to yer music on yer computer).
7) Next make sure the music from yer pc and Cowon DAP are synced, that is if the music on the PC is C:My Documents>My Music etc (and then a list of Artist folders/directories and then within those directories the albums and then tracks, then make sure that part is synced up with the Cowon DAP).
8) What you want to do is edit the large m3u files that work on the pc, and change their paths to how the path is on the test m3u file that we did during step 2 & 3 (Use the Replace tool, Replace All), and then place them in the same location as the test m3u file.
9) Test the new m3u file from the Cowon DAP, does it work in foobar or whatever music software yer running. This I think is key to getting things working. I can see no issue why software on the PC can't run your m3u files successfully from the Cowon DAP as long as the paths are correct and pointing to the right place (Cowon DAP). Otherwise yer going to have to make NEW m3u playlists all over again that mimic /copy what you already have that's working, difference being the new m3u playlists yer making MUST use the files from the Cowon DAP.
10) Once you can be sure the m3u playlists are working fine on PC software and are living on the Cowon DAP and are referencing/pointing to the directory on the Cowon DAP, now try yer m3u>cue program and see what happens.

If none of that works I do have one final solution for you.

How much spare space/storage do you have? I came across a very neat program a few years back called AMOK Playlist Copy, and what it will do is allow you to drag and drop ANY m3u playlist into it, and then if it can find the correct paths to where those songs exist, it will then make a whole new folder directory and copy those files and dump them there. So basically it turns a small m3u file into an actual folder containing those very songs, all in one place (whilst leaving the original files alone, ie its not moving them). Very handy. Handy for small playlists, thousands of tracks on the other hand can take up a bit of space...

Sep 3, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #10 of 23
Cowon can be an oddball, sad to see they don't support m3u on that one.

Here's what I'd be trying;

(I think you mentioned before) that you have a heap of preexisting playlists that work fine on pc but not on the DAP, but you want them to work on the DAP, so my first action would be to simply get the playlists to work FROM the Cowon DAP but playing on your computer. I'll say again... not to try and get the m3u files working on the Cowon (we know that can't work), but instead connect the Cowon to the PC, and then get your music software on yer PC to play the music files ON YOUR Cowon from a m3u file. i.e. completely ignore any music files on the pc, do everything from the Cowon when its usb connected. This might be crucial for paths and lessoning the agony of any editing of the cue files later.

Your current m3u files prolly don't point to the music stored on the DAP, I would be trying to get them to do that first (as the Cowon DAP should just be recognised as another drive right), and then once you can confirm that the m3u file that exists somewhere on the Cowon DAP is working on PC software, then try and do the m3u>Cue file program from that point/m3u file. Get me?

So here's the steps I'd be trying;

1) Connect Cowon to pc from usb, confirm the sd card or files on the DAP are drives from My Computer to work with.
2) Open Foobar for instance, and click and drag a few files from different directories from the Cowon DAP (but try and restrict this to either the sd card or the onboard memory of the DAP, don't mix the two) and dump them in foobar. Hit File>Save Playlist>m3u etc.
3) Close Foorbar or delete the current playlist, and try double clicking the playlist m3u file you just made and confirm it works.
4) Using the Notepad editior open the playlist and have a look at the path names.
5) Make copies of your current playlists that work with the computer, the ones you play that manage hundreds of tracks, because we'll try editing these first.
6) Open With the Notepad editor again and take note of the different paths to the songs, compare the two m3u file paths and how they differ (the test one you just made from the Cowon DAP vs the ones that work on the PC (and point to yer music on yer computer).
7) Next make sure the music from yer pc and Cowon DAP are synced, that is if the music on the PC is C:My Documents>My Music etc (and then a list of Artist folders/directories and then within those directories the albums and then tracks, then make sure that part is synced up with the Cowon DAP).
8) What you want to do is edit the large m3u files that work on the pc, and change their paths to how the path is on the test m3u file that we did during step 2 & 3 (Use the Replace tool, Replace All), and then place them in the same location as the test m3u file.
9) Test the new m3u file from the Cowon DAP, does it work in foobar or whatever music software yer running. This I think is key to getting things working. I can see no issue why software on the PC can't run your m3u files successfully from the Cowon DAP as long as the paths are correct and pointing to the right place (Cowon DAP). Otherwise yer going to have to make NEW m3u playlists all over again that mimic /copy what you already have that's working, difference being the new m3u playlists yer making MUST use the files from the Cowon DAP.
10) Once you can be sure the m3u playlists are working fine on PC software and are living on the Cowon DAP and are referencing/pointing to the directory on the Cowon DAP, now try yer m3u>cue program and see what happens.

If none of that works I do have one final solution for you.

How much spare space/storage do you have? I came across a very neat program a few years back called AMOK Playlist Copy, and what it will do is allow you to drag and drop ANY m3u playlist into it, and then if it can find the correct paths to where those songs exist, it will then make a whole new folder directory and copy those files and dump them there. So basically it turns a small m3u file into an actual folder containing those very songs, all in one place (whilst leaving the original files alone, ie its not moving them). Very handy. Handy for small playlists, thousands of tracks on the other hand can take up a bit of space...

I'll give that a go tomorrow. BUT let me assure you, the file structure on my DAP is identical to the file structure on my PC. I use a program called GoodSync to make sure the Micro SD card is an exact copy of the directory on the PC.

Example:
C:\Music\Artist\Album\files
SDCARD:\Music\Artist\Album\files

Sep 3, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #11 of 23
I'll give that a go tomorrow. BUT let me assure you, the file structure on my DAP is identical to the file structure on my PC. I use a program called GoodSync to make sure the Micro SD card is an exact copy of the directory on the PC.

Example:
C:\Music\Artist\Album\files
SDCARD:\Music\Artist\Album\files

That's good then, should be an easy job to copy yer current playlists that work from the music on the pc, change the path names with the Replace tool, dump them in the right spot on the sd card and test that they work when played from there. Then you can try changing them from m3u's to cues from that point and report back.

Sep 3, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #12 of 23
OK, So I couldn't wait... I'm trying your suggestion

Through step 4 I had a working playlist running from my DAP on my PC.
F:\Music\FLAC\Killers\Battle Born\1-01-FLAC-Flesh And Bone-04-01.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\Daft Punk\Random Access Memories\1-08-FLAC-Get Lucky-06-09.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\Erik Satie\Satie- Piano Works (Selection)\1-26-FLAC-Gymnopédies- 1. Lent et douloureux-02-36.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\Radiohead\In Rainbows\1-04-FLAC-Weird Fishes,Arpeggi-05-18.flac

Then I took a PC playlist and changed the C: to an F: and tested. That's like step 8, and it worked too.
F:\Music\MP3\a-ha\25 (Deluxe Version)\1-01-MP3-Take On Me-03-49.mp3
F:\Music\MP3\Alan Parsons Project\Ultimate the Alan Parsons Project\1-10-MP3-Time-05-03.mp3
F:\Music\FLAC\America\History- Greatest Hits\1-11-FLAC-Daisy Jane-03-08.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\Ben Folds Five\Whatever and Ever Amen\1-05-FLAC-Selfless, Cold and Composed-06-10.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\Ben Folds Five\Whatever and Ever Amen\1-12-FLAC-Evaporated-04-29.flac
F:\Music\MP3\Beth Orton\Heart Of Soul\1-02-MP3-Buckets Of Rain-04-08.mp3
F:\Music\FLAC\Bruce Hornsby & The Range\The Way It Is\1-05-FLAC-The Way It Is-04-58.flac
F:\Music\MP3\Cars\The Cars\1-MP3-Drive-03-55.mp3
F:\Music\FLAC\Chris Isaak\Best Of Chris Isaak\1-08-FLAC-Only The Lonely-02-53.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\Chris Isaak\Heart Shaped World\1-05-FLAC-Wicked Game-04-49.flac
F:\Music\MP3\Christopher Cross\Christopher Cross\1-08-MP3-Sailing-04-16.mp3
F:\Music\MP3\Cowboy Junkies\Best of Cowboy Junkies\1-02-MP3-Sweet Jane-03-37.mp3
F:\Music\MP3\Crosby, Stills & Nash\CSN\1-08-MP3-Just a Song Before I Go-02-13.mp3
F:\Music\MP3\Crowded House\Crowded House\1-04-MP3-Don't Dream It's Over-03-57.mp3
F:\Music\FLAC\Dan Fogelberg\Greatest Hits\1-02-FLAC-Heart Hotels-04-14.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\Dan Fogelberg\Greatest Hits\1-07-FLAC-Make Love Stay-04-35.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\Dan Fogelberg\Greatest Hits\1-10-FLAC-Same Old Lang Syne-05-19.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\David Gilmour\On An Island\1-02-FLAC-On An Island-06-47.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\David Gilmour\On An Island\1-10-FLAC-Where We Start-06-46.flac
F:\Music\MP3\Dire Straits\Brothers In Arms\1-04-MP3-Your Latest Trick-06-34.mp3
F:\Music\MP3\Dire Straits\Brothers In Arms\1-05-MP3-Why Worry-08-31.mp3
F:\Music\MP3\Don McLean\American Pie\1-MP3-Castles in the air-03-42.mp3
F:\Music\FLAC\Eagles\Eagles\1-09-FLAC-Peaceful Easy Feeling-04-17.flac
F:\Music\MP3\Emerson, Lake & Palmer\Trilogy\1-04-MP3-From the Beginning-04-16.mp3
F:\Music\FLAC\Erik Satie\Satie- Piano Works (Selection)\1-26-FLAC-Gymnopédies- 1. Lent et douloureux-02-36.flac
F:\Music\MP3\Foreigner\Agent Provocateur\1-03-MP3-I Want to Know What Love Is-05-04.mp3
F:\Music\MP3\Gary Jules\Trading Snakeoil For Wolftickets\1-12-MP3-Mad World-03-03.mp3
F:\Music\_gsdata_\_saved_\MP3\Genesis\Invisible Touch\1-04-MP3-In Too Deep (2007 Remastered Version)-04-58.mp3
F:\Music\MP3\Genesis\Invisible Touch\1-04-MP3-In Too Deep (2007 Remastered Version)-04-58.mp3
F:\Music\FLAC\Genesis\Turn It On Again- The Hits\1-12-FLAC-In Too Deep-04-58.flac
F:\Music\MP3\Gordon Lightfoot\The Complete Greatest Hits\1-07-MP3-If You Could Read My Mind-03-50.mp3
F:\Music\MP3\Howard Jones\The Best Of Howard Jones (1983 - 1993)\1-10-MP3-No One Is To Blame-04-12.mp3
F:\Music\MP3\Incubus\Morning View\1-13-MP3-Aqueous Transmission-07-46.mp3
F:\Music\MP3\Jimmy Buffett\Meet Me In Margaritaville\1-05-MP3-Come Monday-03-09.mp3
F:\Music\MP3\Johnny Hates Jazz\Turn Back the Clock\1-01-MP3-Shattered Dreams-03-27.mp3
F:\Music\MP3\Kings of Convenience\Best Acoustic Album in the World\1-06-MP3-I Don't Know What I Can Save You From-04-35.mp3
F:\Music\FLAC\Kings Of Convenience\Quiet Is The New Loud\1-01-FLAC-Winning A Battle, Losing The War-03-54.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\Kings Of Convenience\Quiet Is The New Loud\1-04-FLAC-I Don't Know What I Can Save You From-04-37.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\Kings Of Convenience\Quiet Is The New Loud\1-05-FLAC-Failure-03-33.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\Kings Of Convenience\Quiet Is The New Loud\1-10-FLAC-Summer On The Westhill-04-33.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\Kings Of Convenience\Riot On An Empty Street\1-01-FLAC-Homesick-03-13.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\Kings Of Convenience\Riot On An Empty Street\1-02-FLAC-Misread-03-08.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\Kings Of Convenience\Riot On An Empty Street\1-03-FLAC-Cayman Islands-03-02.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\Kings Of Convenience\Riot On An Empty Street\1-05-FLAC-Know-How-03-58.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\Kings Of Convenience\Versus\1-10-FLAC-Failure (Kings Of Convenience Arrangement)-03-34.flac
F:\Music\MP3\Marconi Union\The Ambient Zone Just Music Cafe, Vol. 4\1-01-MP3-Weightless-08-00.mp3
F:\Music\FLAC\Miles Davis\Kind of Blue - Mofi Sacd\1-01-FLAC-So What-09-27.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\Miles Davis\Kind of Blue - Mofi Sacd\1-03-FLAC-Blue in Green-05-41.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\Miles Davis\Kind of Blue - Mofi Sacd\1-04-FLAC-All Blues-11-38.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\Miles Davis\Kind of Blue - Mofi Sacd\1-05-FLAC-Flamenco Sketches-09-29.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\Pink Floyd\Meddle\1-03-FLAC-Fearless-06-08.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\Pink Floyd\The Dark Side of the Moon\1-06-FLAC-Us and Them-07-40.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\Pink Floyd\The Division Bell\1-03-FLAC-Poles Apart-07-03.flac
F:\Music\MP3\Pink Floyd\Ummagumma\1-05-MP3-Grantchester Meadows-07-26.mp3
F:\Music\MP3\PM Dawn\80's\1-MP3-You Send Me-04-13.mp3
F:\Music\MP3\Queensryche\Empire\1-08-MP3-Silent Lucidity-05-47.mp3
F:\Music\FLAC\Radiohead\Amnesiac\1-02-FLAC-Pyramid Song-04-48.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\Radiohead\Itch\1-01-FLAC-Stop Whispering (US Version)-04-13.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\Radiohead\Kid A\1-05-FLAC-Treefingers-03-42.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\Radiohead\OK Computer\1-05-FLAC-Let Down-04-59.flac
F:\Music\FLAC\Radiohead\Paranoid Android\1-02-FLAC-A Reminder-03-53.flac
F:\Music\MP3\Radiohead\The King Of Limbs\1-07-MP3-Give Up The Ghost-04-50.mp3
F:\Music\FLAC\Ray LaMontagne\Gossip In The Grain\1-09-FLAC-A Falling Through-04-28.flac
F:\Music\MP3\Simply Red\The Best of Simply Red- Holding Back the Years 1985-1997\1-01-MP3-Holding Back The Years-04-29.MP3
F:\Music\MP3\Spandau Ballet\True\1-08-MP3-True (Remastered)-06-33.mp3
F:\Music\MP3\Tears for Fears\Rule the World- The Greatest Hits\1-01-MP3-Everybody Wants to Rule the World-04-12.mp3
F:\Music\MP3\Tears for Fears\Rule the World- The Greatest Hits\1-11-MP3-Pale Shelter (2nd Single Version)-04-36.mp3
F:\Music\FLAC\Toto\Past To Present 1977-1990\1-02-FLAC-Africa-04-59.flac
F:\Music\MP3\Washed Out\Feel It All Around\1-01-MP3-Feel It All Around-03-15.mp3

Then I tried step 10, and it behaved exactly as it did in the video. The output of the program was this, which didn't work on the DAP:

REM created with m3u2cue
TITLE "Album title"
PERFORMER "Album performer"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\a-ha\25 (Deluxe Version)\1-01-MP3-Take On Me-03-49.mp3" MP3
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 01"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Alan Parsons Project\Ultimate the Alan Parsons Project\1-10-MP3-Time-05-03.mp3" MP3
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 02"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\America\History- Greatest Hits\1-11-FLAC-Daisy Jane-03-08.flac" WAVE
TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 03"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Ben Folds Five\Whatever and Ever Amen\1-05-FLAC-Selfless, Cold and Composed-06-10.flac" WAVE
TRACK 04 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 04"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Ben Folds Five\Whatever and Ever Amen\1-12-FLAC-Evaporated-04-29.flac" WAVE
TRACK 05 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 05"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Beth Orton\Heart Of Soul\1-02-MP3-Buckets Of Rain-04-08.mp3" MP3
TRACK 06 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 06"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Bruce Hornsby & The Range\The Way It Is\1-05-FLAC-The Way It Is-04-58.flac" WAVE
TRACK 07 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 07"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Cars\The Cars\1-MP3-Drive-03-55.mp3" MP3
TRACK 08 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 08"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Chris Isaak\Best Of Chris Isaak\1-08-FLAC-Only The Lonely-02-53.flac" WAVE
TRACK 09 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 09"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Chris Isaak\Heart Shaped World\1-05-FLAC-Wicked Game-04-49.flac" WAVE
TRACK 10 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 10"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Christopher Cross\Christopher Cross\1-08-MP3-Sailing-04-16.mp3" MP3
TRACK 11 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 11"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Cowboy Junkies\Best of Cowboy Junkies\1-02-MP3-Sweet Jane-03-37.mp3" MP3
TRACK 12 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 12"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Crosby, Stills & Nash\CSN\1-08-MP3-Just a Song Before I Go-02-13.mp3" MP3
TRACK 13 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 13"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Crowded House\Crowded House\1-04-MP3-Don't Dream It's Over-03-57.mp3" MP3
TRACK 14 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 14"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Dan Fogelberg\Greatest Hits\1-02-FLAC-Heart Hotels-04-14.flac" WAVE
TRACK 15 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 15"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Dan Fogelberg\Greatest Hits\1-07-FLAC-Make Love Stay-04-35.flac" WAVE
TRACK 16 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 16"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Dan Fogelberg\Greatest Hits\1-10-FLAC-Same Old Lang Syne-05-19.flac" WAVE
TRACK 17 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 17"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\David Gilmour\On An Island\1-02-FLAC-On An Island-06-47.flac" WAVE
TRACK 18 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 18"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\David Gilmour\On An Island\1-10-FLAC-Where We Start-06-46.flac" WAVE
TRACK 19 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 19"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Dire Straits\Brothers In Arms\1-04-MP3-Your Latest Trick-06-34.mp3" MP3
TRACK 20 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 20"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Dire Straits\Brothers In Arms\1-05-MP3-Why Worry-08-31.mp3" MP3
TRACK 21 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 21"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Don McLean\American Pie\1-MP3-Castles in the air-03-42.mp3" MP3
TRACK 22 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 22"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Eagles\Eagles\1-09-FLAC-Peaceful Easy Feeling-04-17.flac" WAVE
TRACK 23 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 23"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Emerson, Lake & Palmer\Trilogy\1-04-MP3-From the Beginning-04-16.mp3" MP3
TRACK 24 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 24"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Erik Satie\Satie- Piano Works (Selection)\1-26-FLAC-Gymnopédies- 1. Lent et douloureux-02-36.flac" WAVE
TRACK 25 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 25"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Foreigner\Agent Provocateur\1-03-MP3-I Want to Know What Love Is-05-04.mp3" MP3
TRACK 26 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 26"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Gary Jules\Trading Snakeoil For Wolftickets\1-12-MP3-Mad World-03-03.mp3" MP3
TRACK 27 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 27"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Genesis\Invisible Touch\1-04-MP3-In Too Deep (2007 Remastered Version)-04-58.mp3" MP3
TRACK 28 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 28"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Genesis\Turn It On Again- The Hits\1-12-FLAC-In Too Deep-04-58.flac" WAVE
TRACK 29 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 29"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Gordon Lightfoot\The Complete Greatest Hits\1-07-MP3-If You Could Read My Mind-03-50.mp3" MP3
TRACK 30 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 30"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Howard Jones\The Best Of Howard Jones (1983 - 1993)\1-10-MP3-No One Is To Blame-04-12.mp3" MP3
TRACK 31 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 31"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Incubus\Morning View\1-13-MP3-Aqueous Transmission-07-46.mp3" MP3
TRACK 32 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 32"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Jimmy Buffett\Meet Me In Margaritaville\1-05-MP3-Come Monday-03-09.mp3" MP3
TRACK 33 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 33"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Johnny Hates Jazz\Turn Back the Clock\1-01-MP3-Shattered Dreams-03-27.mp3" MP3
TRACK 34 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 34"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Kings of Convenience\Best Acoustic Album in the World\1-06-MP3-I Don't Know What I Can Save You From-04-35.mp3" MP3
TRACK 35 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 35"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Kings Of Convenience\Quiet Is The New Loud\1-01-FLAC-Winning A Battle, Losing The War-03-54.flac" WAVE
TRACK 36 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 36"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Kings Of Convenience\Quiet Is The New Loud\1-04-FLAC-I Don't Know What I Can Save You From-04-37.flac" WAVE
TRACK 37 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 37"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Kings Of Convenience\Quiet Is The New Loud\1-05-FLAC-Failure-03-33.flac" WAVE
TRACK 38 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 38"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Kings Of Convenience\Quiet Is The New Loud\1-10-FLAC-Summer On The Westhill-04-33.flac" WAVE
TRACK 39 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 39"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Kings Of Convenience\Riot On An Empty Street\1-01-FLAC-Homesick-03-13.flac" WAVE
TRACK 40 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 40"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Kings Of Convenience\Riot On An Empty Street\1-02-FLAC-Misread-03-08.flac" WAVE
TRACK 41 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 41"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Kings Of Convenience\Riot On An Empty Street\1-03-FLAC-Cayman Islands-03-02.flac" WAVE
TRACK 42 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 42"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Kings Of Convenience\Riot On An Empty Street\1-05-FLAC-Know-How-03-58.flac" WAVE
TRACK 43 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 43"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Kings Of Convenience\Versus\1-10-FLAC-Failure (Kings Of Convenience Arrangement)-03-34.flac" WAVE
TRACK 44 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 44"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Marconi Union\The Ambient Zone Just Music Cafe, Vol. 4\1-01-MP3-Weightless-08-00.mp3" MP3
TRACK 45 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 45"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Miles Davis\Kind of Blue - Mofi Sacd\1-01-FLAC-So What-09-27.flac" WAVE
TRACK 46 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 46"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Miles Davis\Kind of Blue - Mofi Sacd\1-03-FLAC-Blue in Green-05-41.flac" WAVE
TRACK 47 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 47"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Miles Davis\Kind of Blue - Mofi Sacd\1-04-FLAC-All Blues-11-38.flac" WAVE
TRACK 48 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 48"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Miles Davis\Kind of Blue - Mofi Sacd\1-05-FLAC-Flamenco Sketches-09-29.flac" WAVE
TRACK 49 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 49"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Pink Floyd\Meddle\1-03-FLAC-Fearless-06-08.flac" WAVE
TRACK 50 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 50"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Pink Floyd\The Dark Side of the Moon\1-06-FLAC-Us and Them-07-40.flac" WAVE
TRACK 51 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 51"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Pink Floyd\The Division Bell\1-03-FLAC-Poles Apart-07-03.flac" WAVE
TRACK 52 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 52"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Pink Floyd\Ummagumma\1-05-MP3-Grantchester Meadows-07-26.mp3" MP3
TRACK 53 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 53"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\PM Dawn\80's\1-MP3-You Send Me-04-13.mp3" MP3
TRACK 54 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 54"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Queensryche\Empire\1-08-MP3-Silent Lucidity-05-47.mp3" MP3
TRACK 55 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 55"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Radiohead\Amnesiac\1-02-FLAC-Pyramid Song-04-48.flac" WAVE
TRACK 56 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 56"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Radiohead\Itch\1-01-FLAC-Stop Whispering (US Version)-04-13.flac" WAVE
TRACK 57 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 57"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Radiohead\Kid A\1-05-FLAC-Treefingers-03-42.flac" WAVE
TRACK 58 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 58"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Radiohead\OK Computer\1-05-FLAC-Let Down-04-59.flac" WAVE
TRACK 59 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 59"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Radiohead\Paranoid Android\1-02-FLAC-A Reminder-03-53.flac" WAVE
TRACK 60 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 60"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Radiohead\The King Of Limbs\1-07-MP3-Give Up The Ghost-04-50.mp3" MP3
TRACK 61 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 61"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Ray LaMontagne\Gossip In The Grain\1-09-FLAC-A Falling Through-04-28.flac" WAVE
TRACK 62 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 62"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Simply Red\The Best of Simply Red- Holding Back the Years 1985-1997\1-01-MP3-Holding Back The Years-04-29.MP3" MP3
TRACK 63 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 63"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Spandau Ballet\True\1-08-MP3-True (Remastered)-06-33.mp3" MP3
TRACK 64 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 64"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Tears for Fears\Rule the World- The Greatest Hits\1-01-MP3-Everybody Wants to Rule the World-04-12.mp3" MP3
TRACK 65 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 65"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Tears for Fears\Rule the World- The Greatest Hits\1-11-MP3-Pale Shelter (2nd Single Version)-04-36.mp3" MP3
TRACK 66 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 66"
FILE "F:\Music\FLAC\Toto\Past To Present 1977-1990\1-02-FLAC-Africa-04-59.flac" WAVE
TRACK 67 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 67"
FILE "F:\Music\MP3\Washed Out\Feel It All Around\1-01-MP3-Feel It All Around-03-15.mp3" MP3
TRACK 68 AUDIO
TITLE "Album title 68"

So again, I had to take OFF the "F:\", and change all the "\"s to "/"s. Then it worked, but only when I put all the files in the root directory.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #13 of 23
The author of the m3u2cue software has decided not to help.

Sep 6, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #14 of 23
One problem has been partially resolved. As noted, m3u2cue.exe was an inadequate solution because it didn't populate the artist name or track title in the CUE file. Foobar2000 (when used with a plugin called foo_cuesheet_creator) can convert a playlist into a CUE file. Here is a link to the plugin and here is a link to instructions on how to install it.

I say that the problem is only partially resolved because this method does not take into account directory structures, but puttin all the files in the root resolved that issue.

I have asked Cowon how the directory structure should be formatted for the plenue R to read it.

more to come.

Thanks to Redwing from the MusicBee forum. Thanks to LVQCL and Case from the Foobar2000 forum.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back