Players with the Best Music Sound Quality PERIOD?
Dec 1, 2009 at 5:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

IDK

100+ Head-Fier
I didn't see this thread anywhere (that's up to date), so here goes:

What Two Players (or audio recorders)have the Best Music Sound Quality PERIOD?

I'm Talking Audio Chip/built-in Amp-Wise?...Basically raw spec-wise what player is the best ?

popcorn.gif

Dec 1, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #2 of 19
hifi man 801

Dec 1, 2009 at 7:51 AM Post #4 of 19
This thread comes up a lot, but worded differently each time. The Hifiman should be an easy throw-in because it is built like an audio component, not like a portable component. Most players are built around very similar chips and bits, so finding 'the one' is hard unless you get away from the main stream of iPods, Zunes, Cowons, iRivers, etc., which more or less sound the same (within a few very good guidelines).

Dec 1, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #5 of 19
i was mainly figuring players like the

amp3, teclast t51, iMod, or the nationite s:flo2 would come up

or

Recorders like the Koss MR-1 or Sony PCM-D50/D1

Dec 1, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #9 of 19
The RWA iMods should rank high

Dec 1, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #10 of 19
I'd like to hear the iMod and the HiFiMan, but threads like this seem to go nowhere. People charge in, demanding to know which is the 'best', then see the price associated with having the 'best' and suddenly its all too expensive. In bang-for-buck terms, I'd rather look at the DACs/amps that can give me a better result from my laptops than get hung up over DAPs etc. As much as I enjoy the X, its still just a DAP.

Dec 1, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to hear the iMod and the HiFiMan, but threads like this seem to go nowhere. People charge in, demanding to know which is the 'best', then see the price associated with having the 'best' and suddenly its all too expensive. In bang-for-buck terms, I'd rather look at the DACs/amps that can give me a better result from my laptops than get hung up over DAPs etc. As much as I enjoy the X, its still just a DAP.

i'm not looking to buy i'm just curious to see which two would be considered "Top Tier" in the Digital player world

idk if the imod should be included if it needs an extra amp...is it stock sound not any good or something?

Dec 1, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #12 of 19
For the money you pay, the sound of the iMod must be streets ahead of any iPod, and thats largely Vinnie's claim. An amp will only enhance that, not change the sound ...

Dec 1, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by IDK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't see this thread anywhere (that's up to date), so here goes:

What Two Players (or audio recorders)have the Best Music Sound Quality PERIOD?

I'm Talking Audio Chip/built-in Amp-Wise?...Basically raw spec-wise what player is the best ?

Sony PCM-D50 is the best I've heard (and it has a great headphone amp and excellent build quality).

The new Sony PCM-M10 will likely be in the running as very, very, very similar, sonically.

Jan 17, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #14 of 19
SQ-wise Nationite s:Flo2 (HO) > Korg MR1, Sony PCM-M10, Microtrack 2 (HO in all 3 cases).
It has smooth tonal balance, very datailed sound and wide soundstage. Highly recommended

p.s. LO of the s:Flo2 sounds identically to the LO of iBasso D10 to my ears. Very good sound for $130
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back