Player with TV Interface/GUI
Apr 11, 2010 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

maverickronin

Headphoneus Supremus
Does anyone have a recommendation for music software that has a tv style interface. I currently use Zoom Player, which works great except that only lets you browse by folder, not a tag database, because its primarily a video player anyway. I tried jriver but didn't like it at all because it's built entirely around displaying the album art. I'm looking for something text based, maybe with a nice visualization when its playing. It would be great if I could find plugin for foobar like that but I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Thank you in advance!

Jul 28, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #2 of 8
It's been three months so I'm bumping this.

Anyone got any ideas or am I the only one who has their computer hooked to their TV?

Sep 1, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #3 of 8
Sep 1, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #4 of 8
Cool.  I'll have to check that out.  I didn't know there was actually a version of that for windows.  Or anything besides xbox for that matter.  Is that the same xbox media center or is the name a coincidence?

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Sep 1, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #5 of 8
Not sure, but I believe its for everything except the xbox. Great option for HTPC - hardware accelerated decoding for movies, supports a wide variety of remotes, etc.

For more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XBMC

Sep 1, 2010 at 8:16 AM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
Does anyone have a recommendation for music software that has a tv style interface. I currently use Zoom Player, which works great except that only lets you browse by folder, not a tag database, because its primarily a video player anyway. I tried jriver but didn't like it at all because it's built entirely around displaying the album art. I'm looking for something text based, maybe with a nice visualization when its playing. It would be great if I could find plugin for foobar like that but I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Thank you in advance!

Try XMPlay....they have tones of different looks and it sounds good too.

Link to skins page, you will see how very different it can look.

http://support.xmplay.com/file.php?cat_id=5

Sep 1, 2010 at 11:27 AM Post #7 of 8
Another suggestion!  Thank you very much!

Sep 1, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #8 of 8
Plex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back