Player for cycling
Jan 27, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hero Kid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would recommend searching and looking more into combining a FiiO with the Clip+. From what I've seen the E5's amp is generally not of better quality then the one built into the Clip+, so if you just want the best possible sound quality, you should simply not use the E5. It depends what 'phones you plan to use and what sound you are trying to achieve.

I use the Clip+ with E5 and like them just fine.

Jan 27, 2010 at 4:45 AM Post #17 of 18
i ride both mountain and road, and I would say try to avoid it if possible because of the aforementioned safety concerns.

if you must, i would have to vote for the clip+ because i would want something replaceable if you were to have an accident. also the SQ of the clip isnt too bad.

skip the amp because that only encourages you to not pay attention to your surroundings.

for phones i like the sennheiser pmx 80/680. i use them when i run and they dont fill your ear so you are still able to hear the environment

Jan 27, 2010 at 8:42 AM Post #18 of 18
Pick anything cheap, fairly water-(sweat)-resistant, and, if you're so inclined, one that clips on. I'd say go Sansa Clip or iPod Shuffle (2nd gen). Anything cheap works. Also, set your volume before you start riding. It's easy to crank it while riding only to figure out that you've been pummeling your ears for the last 40 miles.

Buds: Whatever stays in your ear and doesn't block out much outside sound. Again, anything cheap works. 95% of fidelity will be wasted on wind noise.

That said, good IEMs are a revelation when you're riding somewhere where hearing is optional...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back