Playback problem with foobar and FIIO E7
Feb 8, 2014 at 1:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Wiiffler

New Head-Fier
Hello. 
I discovered a problem today with the playback options on foobar. 
I have both Kernel streaming and WASAPI installed to have a bit-perfect playback. But there's a problem;
Foobar seems to be "taking over" any other sound source. No sounds will comes out of any other application, programs or games.

Nothing will work until I go in Sound>Playback devices and disable/re-enable the FIIO E9.
But it does more than just that. If I try and watch a video on youtube (or other flashplayer based sites.Ex: dailymotion or vimeo) the video will start, and after a couple of seconds, completely freeze. So thats my problem. This computer has 12Gb of RAM, an i7 and a good GPU, so i doubt its a performance issue.

So I know that WASAPI or kernel is to blame (All i mentionned happens with BOTH and with "push" or "event" options on WASAPI.)
The E9 is plugged via USB.*

Anyone knows what might cause the problem?? Or should I use the "DS" output of Foobar and give up on kernel and wasapi?
Thanks!

Feb 8, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #4 of 6
"Foobar seems to be "taking over" any other sound source. No sounds will comes out of any other application, programs or games.
Nothing will work until I go in Sound>Playback devices and disable/re-enable the FIIO E9."

That's what WASAPI does. It mutes any other windows and application sounds.

"But it does more than just that. If I try and watch a video on youtube (or other flashplayer based sites.Ex: dailymotion or vimeo) the video will start, and after a couple of seconds, completely freeze. So thats my problem. This computer has 12Gb of RAM, an i7 and a good GPU, so i doubt its a performance issue."

As for this issue, it definitely sounds like a flash player issue, it should not have any correlation to Foobar and WASAPI.

Feb 8, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #5 of 6
Mhmmm. Any way to keep foobar from "haggling" all the sound? Perhaps another bit-exact streamer? Of course, not kernel, since this one seems to be doing the same.
Thanks!

Feb 9, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #6 of 6
  Mhmmm. Any way to keep foobar from "haggling" all the sound? Perhaps another bit-exact streamer? Of course, not kernel, since this one seems to be doing the same.
Thanks!

Either turn off WASAPI, or just exit Foobar when you want to watch Youtube. That's what I do.

I believe that you can also just stop the music (not pause, stop) and it'll suspend the WASAPI output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back