Play surrond sound with my headphone but coming from a 5.1 source (game or movie)
Aug 17, 2014 at 11:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Mattrou

New Head-Fier
Hi ,

I recently bought a HD 598 ( I'm still waiting for it to be shipped
biggrin.gif
 ) and I would like to experience 5.1 games or movies with surround sound. I understood that I could turn stereo sound into surrond sound but how do I do it coming from a 5.1 source ? this way I could now where sounds are coming from. I checked on my laptop and I have Dolby home theater v3 installed and I can turn on Dolby surround for headphones on it but will it only transform stereo in a surround-like sound or will it also transform 5.1 in true surround ? like if there is sound coming from the rear right channel will I actually hear it coming from that way ?

Please excuse my english, I'm french 
redface.gif

Aug 17, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #2 of 3
Vive La France.

The Dolby Home Theater should provide headphone surround sound from a 5.1 (6-channel) source.
Otherwise there are several external sound cards you could get for use with the laptop.

Aug 20, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #3 of 3
Tanks, I received them ( I love them btw ) and tried to activate the suround effect while playing a 5.1 test video and it did work ! But my software offer no options except the ability to activate or de-activate the effect. Is there any other software that I could used and that do the same thing but better ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back