Plastic Case for Pico
Mar 21, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by chef8489 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did you ever come up with that statement. The only thing covering helicopter blades in the US army is a od green/black paint. It does help absorb ir light and some radar, but the whole helicopters are covered in the paint.

I believe he is correct. This film is on the leading edge of helicopter blades operating in Iraq where the dusty environment is like sand blasting the blades. From the Zagg website:
"ZAGG's invisibleSHIELD™ is a thin polyurethane film originally created for the military to protect the leading edge of helicopter blades. What's unique about this military-grade, patented film is how tough it is - it doesn't scratch. "

Mar 21, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiofool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe he is correct. This film is on the leading edge of helicopter blades operating in Iraq where the dusty environment is like sand blasting the blades. From the Zagg website:
"ZAGG's invisibleSHIELD™ is a thin polyurethane film originally created for the military to protect the leading edge of helicopter blades. What's unique about this military-grade, patented film is how tough it is - it doesn't scratch. "

He is.

Also, if Zagg operates a Kiosk or store in your City you can have them make a custom shield for it- covering the whole thing. I have that stuff on everything I own (my phone, iPod and Macbook). Also, they give you a lifetime warranty. If I ever need to send my Macbook in for repairs, they'll send you a new shield (you just pay shipping). No questions asked or anything.

If I were to remove the shield from my computer, you would think I had just bought it from the Apple store.

This stuff of course is scratch resistant. However, if you dig your fingernail into it it will damage the material. So I don't recommend that you do that.

Mar 22, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so I take it ken doesnt have any IMOD's in stock at the moment then?? are you going for an aftermarket HD for it?? like one of the 240gb drioves that have just started shipping??

the pelican is quite good really; I got one to match my pico in blue
biggrin.gif

Yup, Ken is out of them at the moment, but was lucky to find several new ones. They are at Red Wine Audio getting updated. Just sent Ken a reminder that I'm still interested.

Do you have more information re the new HD? I'd like to look into it.

BTW, I picked up a Pelican 1150 after all. Good size for the Pico and the upcoming iMod iPod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back