Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2 Special edition - cable question
Jul 4, 2020 at 11:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

redbullah

New Head-Fier
Hello all,
I am pretty new to headphones so I hope that you excuse me for possible ridiculous questions :) I know the difference between a 3pin (TRS) and 4 pin (TRRS) cable; such that TRS cables are incapable of transmitting microphone signal simultaneously with the sound output. However, using a TRS cable on my PLT BB2 Pro headphones has confused me a lot.

First of all, I thought that talking on my cellphone with my headphones using the TRS cable that came with it was transmitting my voice, but when I tried recording my voice with a sound recording app, it did not work at all! The app has accepted the phone's mic as the input. If so, how am I able to use the mic of the headphones while talking over the phone? Does it automatically switch to MONO from STEREO and spare one of the channels to the mic? Or it does not work at all and I have been actually talking to the phone's mic all this time?

Secondly, if I buy a TRRS cable and use it on PLT BB2 Pro, will I be able to transmit the mic signal? Is this product capable of that? Do I have an option to use output&input simultaneously without the Bluetooth connection?
Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back