Plantronics BackBeat GO 2 - Audio Quality
May 3, 2014 at 11:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Zaz3

New Head-Fier
Hi, i have a question. Has anyone tried the Plantronics BackBeat Go 2? How is the sound quality? For me it is enough they sound like the EarPods from iPhone 5

Thanks and greetings from Lima, Perú.

May 11, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #5 of 11
They're pretty decent. There's a review of them on the iLounge website. I had serious driver flex issues with one side on a pair though.
Also consider the Sony SBH80, which has better battery life, but is less suited for use during exercise. http://theheadphonelist.com/sony-sbh80-review-mh1c-goes-wireless/

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #6 of 11
well compared to your earpods, the backbeat go 2 will sound tremendously better. I was VERY sceptical, but Ive bought them and I have been using them myself for over a week now.

I was amazed at how good they sound compared to other bluetooth devices I have had before.

I think they deliver very good value if you are looking for wireless ultra portable ear phones. I love the fact that theyre so small, they fit into my breat pocket or anywhere else if I need t otuck them away. You can also perfectly leave them hanging around your neck if you dont need them.

Sound-wise I think they perform well within <50 euro range of in-ears. I bought mine at around 70 euros incl. the charger pouch. good value. You do need the pouch though, my backbeat go2 dont really hold a charge for long. Gotta charge them pretty soon, well before the 4 hrs mark plantronics set out. But it's ok for me. More annoyingly, they don't support multi-point, so i cant use them on my laptop and my phone on the same time and whenever I need to change, I need to power down and reconnect anew.

Soundwise, i do miss the better sound quality of my shure, etymotic and UE earphones. But im preferring the backbeat on the go over all of them, it's just so neat and practical. They are definately worlds apart from the stock earpods or for example UE 200vi.

I listen to music via spotify

I never used an headphone amp

play music via my iphone

Ive owned a couple of headphones in the 100-200 euros area

and while i did enjoy their superior sound, I have stopped using them due to various reasons (stolen etymotic, bad fit or bad comfort/practicability UE and Shure) but was also very satisfied with a lower-priced pair of Klipsch S4i and S4i II. I have been recommending those to all my more price-sensitive friends.

I can recommend anyone to get the backbeat go 2 that could settle with mentioned preferences. I could wish for multipoint, longer battery life, and of course better sound quality. But at that price point and regarding the super protability they present, im really glad I have them.

Jul 15, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #7 of 11
I have had them for 6 months and they sound really good for Bluetooth headphones and definitely better than the earpods. I use my pair everyday and must say the quality and isolation is better than I expected. The charge does not last very long though (approx 4 hours) but enough for my commute.

Mar 8, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #8 of 11
i had them for a full year already... always wear them as a necklace around my neck so whenever i forgot my IM50, it's raining, or just feeling it's a hassle to get it. It always ready for to use anytime... Sound is fine, feel natural, and a jack of all trade, but master of none. It's better than most <30$ earphones (in fact my best ones before i bought my IM50) you wont be disappointed buying these.

Apr 2, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #10 of 11
Aye... the battery life and it's bulky size is it's only shortcomings... that build make it catch wind noise when used biking for example... it also can't be worn over the ear, as it doesn't have any cable management(?) to shorten the cable, just feel awkward. It has low consume standby mode though, if you forgot to turn it off, when in standby and not playing music, it last a lot longer, odd, as it only has Bluetooth 2.1 in it,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back