Plantronic Rig 505 for gaming/music and appreciation thread
Nov 2, 2017 at 7:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Playstation

500+ Head-Fier
Hey all

Anyways I haven't really seen any posts about these cans within the archives. So I wanted to quickly make my case for this amazing headset.

First off. Nothing else I've tried sound like these. My profile is not up-to-date. Let's just say I've tried plenty mid tier cans, with and without amps. For the price, I challenge anyone to try to beat the sound quality these have. This isn't hype, it's passion. I love these cans.

Here is why this cheap headset is amazing.

Let's be clear, I'm no audiophile. I just like to pretend I am. Also as far as sound signatures go. Isn't it safe to say they're typically subjective? Anyways.

*Note* I've yet to try these with an amp. I sold the only amp I had because at the time I didn't think I would need it any longer.

Sound

Sub/Bass - present but doesn't saturate. detailed, heard sounds when using these that I didn't hear using other cans, even at lower subtle atmospheric levels. these have open backs so they're not punchy. Sorry bassheads.

Mids - neutral in my opinion. Not in your face but not drowned out by the bass.

Treble - not harsh. not fatiguing.

Overall, to me, they sound somewhat balanced. I'm sorry okay! I AM SORRY! xD

Comfort

Think sennheiser, but fully adjustable.

The cans snap into the headband and are detachable. the headband has three different height adjustments. There is also an elastic inner detachable headband. So basically anybody can wear these cans.

Durability

Simplistic by design but ingenious.

The headband is a thick flexible plastic. The snap in piece of the cups is super thick and not brittle. They do not accidentally come out either. There is no tension anywhere. Nothing is going to break unless you are a careless person.

Mic

Crisp, clear, totally flexible. Not detachable on my model. Simply flip the arm up and out of the way to mute it.

I highly recommend these if you're on a budget and looking for a nice bang for your buck.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/plantr...ffcode=pg200271&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back